SOLD: Engl Straight 100 EL34

braintheory

One of Engl’s early amps from the late ‘80’s. It has a very ‘80’s, George Lynch type of flavor vs the later Engl’s sounding more modern. Even the reverb on back is very ‘80’s sounding lol. This one is 100w, EL34 powered

$1650 shipped pp F&F or zelle
IMG_8169.jpeg
IMG_8170.jpeg

These are really hard to come by. I remember being blown away on one of Lynch’s album tones and found out it was recorded with one of these. They’re not as well known but they sound killer.

These are really hard to come by. I remember being blown away on one of Lynch’s album tones and found out it was recorded with one of these. They’re not as well known but they sound killer.
Really??

Which one?? I thought I knew what he used on all his Dokken, 1st 2 LM records. Maybe it was blended in on ULAK when they recorded in Germany? I know that was multiple amps.

Really??

Which one?? I thought I knew what he used on all his Dokken, 1st 2 LM records. Maybe it was blended in on ULAK when they recorded in Germany? I know that was multiple amps.
Ages ago I was a huge lynch fan - the gl in my username is a knod to George lynch. I favored his earlier albums and what you said sounds correct. A long time ago Lynch did a recording studio amp discussion and he spoke of where he used that model. Literally forgot all about this model until the OP posted this for sale. They’re rare and sound very hotrodded 80’s high gain.

Back