Anyone else having Y2K flashbacks?

It's a test run for the fake alien invasion and the planned shutdown of communications.

They are testing the crafts out near my house. Quite impressive.

As an IT professional, today is the kind of day that makes you rethink career choices. “Bricked” both my primary and”jump” laptops with no way to get to safe boot mode to remove the offending update. Shut down nearly all production systems for most of the day. Client cleanup will take days. I had to have a new machine imaged and restore data and apps before I could even respond. I’m not a conspiracy guy, but how the fuck does Crowdstrike make that kind of “mistake”. I smell a congressional inquiry coming.

P.S. FU Crowdstrike

It's weird though... At the State lab I work at it was hit or miss which systems and/or computers were hit. Of the dozen+ computers in my dept. only one had the blue screen. In another dept. every computer had blue screen. Some of our sample reporting systems were affected , some weren't.

It's weird though... At the State lab I work at it was hit or miss which systems and/or computers were hit. Of the dozen+ computers in my dept. only one had the blue screen. In another dept. every computer had blue screen. Some of our sample reporting systems were affected , some weren't.
Same with my facility. Some security cameras had issues, most were fine. Some backups had issues, most were fine. One of our hvac computers has issues, but the rest were fine. IT seemed to have it cleared up quickly though

well the tech company I work for had no issues at our company, or any of our products used by our clients; but some of our competitors did. It was a normal day for us, I only found when I checked the market news earlier today.

we're already seeing an uptick in interest for a few products on our web site. should be good news for us.

Nothing happened on y2k for me. Nothing to flashback.
I was in highschool for y2k. Me and a few buddies had a sleepover and talked about which girls in the neighborhood we would try and fingerblast if the world imploded.
So yea, nothing happened for me either

Back