Dual Powerstation control

• Thread starter Thread starter alund
  • Start date Start date
alund
alund
So recently I acquired another PS for my rig (thanks to a member on RT) and not to power my preamp set up but to control the powerful tube heads. We have had a few discussions on the Fryette powerstation lately so I’ll add what I have be contemplating for a few months and finally have done this week.

Goal 1 is control of volume in any venue and keep unit’s settings/tone fairly consistent from place to place (easier said than done based on room acoustics).
Goal 2 is to continue W/D set up- which I like because of my style of play.
Goal 3 is to have as minimal pedals (ease)

Rig set up:
Guitar into head of choice (I chose my SLO 100) for no other reason but it has a Slave out and an effects loop out. 2017 model. And I know the amp fairly well.

The SLO amp is reamped (speaker output at 8 ohms) into the PS #1 which also has an fx loop (Eventide H90) always on as a wet signal. This PS has a single channel thus stays constant in tone/volume other than the H90 effects. PS speaker out then to an ADA 2x12 cab. Or cab of choice.

Second signal comes from the Slave out of the SLO100. Into Powerstation 100 (2 channel version). This is the dry signal which then has a foot controller to toggle between signal volume and some tonal variation as each channel has a depth and presence control along with bright/flat/deep responses. I use the hotter channel for leads. I also have (at this early experiment) an H9 with a bit of extra delay for the lead work only when needed (the beauty of the PS100 is the optional footswitch with channel change and effects on/off)… nice effect for lead use only.

Anyway the speaker outs go to cabinets of choice. 2x12 cabs x2 at this point. But I can use 1x12s , 4x12s or stereo 2x12 or stereo 4x12. I have only used the 2 ADA cabs thus far and it’s quite the sound. Huge control over volume on 100 watt amps which is a goal for me.

For non master volume amps like early Marshall’s it’s nice and without the slave out or FX loop out choice I guess would tap off each speaker outputs and use them as reamping the head/combo amp twice.

Next on the list will be the combo 4104 and the cabs used would be the internal combo speakers, and an external 2x12 as well.
Needless to say those combo Marshall’s have 2 speaker taps on 4104 which allows my plan (at least theoretically). Ahh it can be done. I have a speaker extension cable which is a must for this to work. To be continued.

Feel free to give advice or thoughts good or bad… I’m a big boy and I accept love/hate all the same 😏.

What kind of semi truck did you buy to haul all that to your gigs with or did you just offset the extra complexity and weight with a chiquita travel guitar?

What kind of semi truck did you buy to haul all that to your gigs with or did you just offset the extra complexity and weight with a chiquita travel guitar?
Ha. I own a trailer/trucking business. So I can use any enclosed trailer on the lot that I have in stock. Haul all our shit. Entire band for that fact.
Yeah. I get it. How did I get a trucking business as a human grease monkey.. like Forrest Gump. Right place right time

Ha. I own a trailer/trucking business. So I can use any enclosed trailer on the lot that I have in stock. Haul all our shit. Entire band for that fact.
Yeah. I get it. How did I get a trucking business as a human grease monkey.. like Forrest Gump. Right place right time
So what you're telling me is you got a Peterbilt 359 with a Corvette dash that pulls bright green reefer with the crystal lettuce inside. Nice. I would def be using 4x12 cabs in your situation. Or maybe just two full stacks two wet, two dry.

So what you're telling me is you got a Peterbilt 359 with a Corvette dash that pulls bright green reefer with the crystal lettuce inside. Nice. I would def be using 4x12 cabs in your situation. Or maybe just two full stacks two wet, two dry.
Ha. That requires some lifting help. Fuck that. I’m not paying people to lift shit that I can still do.

Back