I know the economy is bad but ……

• Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
I have never seen amps sit so long that people always ask for . What other factors play a role on the market being this way ?

It's become a game show.
So many amp builders CASHING IN on the situation. Literally cloning ceriatones and adding switches. Cloning clones.

Fortin comes to mind. Selling old circuits he ripped off for 6x the money. And people buy it... and reason that it must be better because they paid so much for it. It creates placebo.

ALOT of people are buying those amps with AFFIRM also. When I first started years ago tone chasing... I was paying on 3-4 amps at a time per month. Eventually that caught up to me and I had to off the ones I didn't really use and pay the others off. Now I'm against financing any amps and do straight up deals. But people are getting tired of the same circuits being ripped off and triple priced. And some just don't have the capacity for more gear with the cost of power increase, groceries, and gas. Throw kids in the mix, and very insane rent prices...

This is what happens when things rush and companies as well as consumers take advantage too fast. It eventually crashes. Too many trying to retire on their amps.

Still needs to crash more because these dudes still think their old mesa is worth 20 grand. It's absolute cork sniffery of the highest order.

I'm ready for Gibson to re release the old mesa models and watch the hoarders cry in a corner when they hear players say they sound just as good. 🤣

Reactions: Geo
"Combine little to no benefit of buying new with people asking way too much for used"
I think that's a key factor, as well as having to pay sales tax online, (aside from private sales).

I've personally gone the new route more than not. I've found a few online dealers that don't collect tax, have great Customer Service, and know how to pack. With private sales, (and I'll include Reverb since you're essentially buying from a private individual or dealer and paying tax), you dont know what you're going to get. Some dealers are just as delusional about their descriptions as private individuals on used gear. Call things mint and they're far from it, can't pack for shit and things get damaged, etc. I'd rather buy new and sell at a loss than deal with some of these fucknuts on Reverb.

Last edited:
It's become a game show.
So many amp builders CASHING IN on the situation. Literally cloning ceriatones and adding switches. Cloning clones.

Fortin comes to mind. Selling old circuits he ripped off for 6x the money. And people buy it... and reason that it must be better because they paid so much for it. It creates placebo.

ALOT of people are buying those amps with AFFIRM also. When I first started years ago tone chasing... I was paying on 3-4 amps at a time per month. Eventually that caught up to me and I had to off the ones I didn't really use and pay the others off. Now I'm against financing any amps and do straight up deals. But people are getting tired of the same circuits being ripped off and triple priced. And some just don't have the capacity for more gear with the cost of power increase, groceries, and gas. Throw kids in the mix, and very insane rent prices...

This is what happens when things rush and companies as well as consumers take advantage too fast. It eventually crashes. Too many trying to retire on their amps.

Still needs to crash more because these dudes still think their old mesa is worth 20 grand. It's absolute cork sniffery of the highest order.

I'm ready for Gibson to re release the old mesa models and watch the hoarders cry in a corner when they hear players say they sound just as good. 🤣
I think microloan services like Affirm are going to be the next big crash.

People should really never finance anything except thier home.

I think microloan services like Affirm are going to be the next big crash.

People should really never finance anything except thier home.
This is weird cultural thing and is another example of rich peole taking advantage of the known fact most people are barely making ends meet. You can finance car parts that cost 2-300 bucks now though affirm... PayPal does the same type of shit. Then there's the klarna thing. If this isn't telling of the current state of economics I don't know what is.

This is weird cultural thing and is another example of rich peole taking advantage of the known fact most people are barely making ends meet. You can finance car parts that cost 2-300 bucks now though affirm... PayPal does the same type of shit. Then there's the klarna thing. If this isn't telling of the current state of economics I don't know what is.
More and more people are willingly signing up for a life of debt slavery. People are so blind to the fact they are in the pot boiling, while keeping themselves there.

As I get older, the last few years have really prompted a new attitude from me on this stuff.

More and more people are willingly signing up for a life of debt slavery. People are so blind to the fact they are in the pot boiling, while keeping themselves there.

As I get older, the last few years have really prompted a new attitude from me on this stuff.

Same... I currently have zero debt. Where before I had 2-3 cards that were always being used and like I said years ago I financed 3-4 amps at a time and when the inflation BS was pushed, alot of my customers suddenly couldnt afford work.

And suddenly all these payments became a monthly burden and I HAD to start adjusting that shit after realizing the economy was not going to improve. Took a little while but currently I owe nothing on credit and paid my truck off couple years ago. I do rent.

But it was easier to get small bullshit loans than a house loan. And now we'll you know what the housing looks like. I'll be renting until further notice because I pay much less than people who started renting after inflation so can't abandon this ship until all that gets fixed. Which if biden Harris is given the election again, it won't.

Same... I currently have zero debt. Where before I had 2-3 cards that were always being used and like I said years ago I financed 3-4 amps at a time and when the inflation BS was pushed, alot of my customers suddenly couldnt afford work.

And suddenly all these payments became a monthly burden and I HAD to start adjusting that shit after realizing the economy was not going to improve. Took a little while but currently I owe nothing on credit and paid my truck off couple years ago. I do rent.

But it was easier to get small bullshit loans than a house loan. And now we'll you know what the housing looks like. I'll be renting until further notice because I pay much less than people who started renting after inflation so can't abandon this ship until all that gets fixed. Which if biden Harris is given the election again, it won't.
I have been busting ass on debts the last few years. I have 5 more house payments, then I am free. I have paid everything else. Next year I will probably start putting 90% of my income into retirement funds.

Back