Wizard MC25 owners, give me da GAS

Soundstorm

How heavy can the MC25 get? Good for downtuned metal? If I’m just using it for recording, is there anything I’m missing out by not getting one of the bigger heads?

I did not jell with it. So bright I could not dial it in. My least favorite Wizard.

According to Rick it was not faulty even though I believe it was. Maybe not all wizards work at 240 volts.

How heavy can the MC25 get? Good for downtuned metal? If I’m just using it for recording, is there anything I’m missing out by not getting one of the bigger heads?
Others have had luck with it, but I don't feel they excel at moden metal. The MTL and HR are a much more suited for those lower, heavier tones.

I haven't tried a Wizard 25, but I do own a nice 6V6 loaded clone. Against a 50 or 100 the basic tone is there, but the bigger iron and glass affects the thump and girth noticeably. In a recorded track though it becomes less important, and there's no reason you can't get excellent results.

Velcro Fly loves his. He plays in a working classic rock cover band, but the amp will get much more heavy and aggressive than that... He has had a couple of them. I have played them both several times.. They have more kick that you might expect from a 25 watt amp, but you have to really like the voicing of those amps to justify the cost IMO. I think Wizards in general sound ok, but not something I would likely buy again. but it is all relevant and subjective. I had a 90's Metal X that was ok, but I think if you can get better metal tones from something else for way less money.

Velcro Fly loves his. He plays in a working classic rock cover band, but the amp will get much more heavy and aggressive than that... He has had a couple of them. I have played them both several times.. They have more kick that you might expect from a 25 watt amp, but you have to really like the voicing of those amps to justify the cost IMO. I think Wizards in general sound ok, but not something I would likely buy again. but it is all relevant and subjective. I had a 90's Metal X that was ok, but I think if you can get better metal tones from something else for way less money.
Those old Metal’s were not really metal amps. They were just built like tanks. My old Metal was cool, but voicing was quite different from even my Modern Classic. And my Modern Classic is quite different from the current stuff he is doing.

I had a mcii and had to crank the gain and boost and use an external boost to get enough gain and it still wasn’t modern metal tone imo- hell razor on the other hand easily gets there

Back