Randall RG80-112SC

Fiesta Red

Any idea what one of these is worth? I picked this up about 18 months ago and haven't really used it. It's in good shape sound wise, both channels work, reverb works, 3 way switch works along with the red/green lights. Has the gain boost when the knob is pulled. Celestion G12-80 is original. The stickers from the front of the amp and the foot switch are missing. No tears in the tolex. I plan on parting this one but don't know what to ask.

Pj9DsJK.jpg

hLix4mm.jpg

NgPRegD.jpg

YwBHUSk.jpg

WtjXTMF.jpg

I don't want to sound mean, but I think I would pull the speaker and footswitch then give the amp away.
I dunno, it seems like not long ago pretty much any RG could be had for $100 or less.
Though these seem to be hovering in the $200-300 range from what's currently available.

I don't want to sound mean, but I think I would pull the speaker and footswitch then give the amp away.
I dunno, it seems like not long ago pretty much any RG could be had for $100 or less.
Though these seem to be hovering in the $200-300 range from what's currently available.
Yeah the speaker alone could be potentially worth $200-275. Not sure what the amp itself would go for these days

Yeah the speaker alone could be potentially worth $200-275. Not sure what the amp itself would go for these days
I think it's a right buyer kind of amp (I guess most kind of are, though).
Still would keep the speaker :ROFLMAO:
I know they've been reissued, so maybe there is a modern cult following to them? 🤷‍♀️
I pretty much think Dimebag whenever I see a RG. Not that it's bad... or good...

$350 seems to be the norm for that amp. You could get $50-100 for the footswitch if sold separately.

FYI there's a template to replace the stickers:

Any idea what one of these is worth? I picked this up about 18 months ago and haven't really used it. It's in good shape sound wise, both channels work, reverb works, 3 way switch works along with the red/green lights. Has the gain boost when the knob is pulled. Celestion G12-80 is original. The stickers from the front of the amp and the foot switch are missing. No tears in the tolex. I plan on parting this one but don't know what to ask.

Pj9DsJK.jpg

hLix4mm.jpg

NgPRegD.jpg

YwBHUSk.jpg

WtjXTMF.jpg
THE amp I used for all our party gigs back in the late 80s.(ran it through an ancient Carvin 4x12)
It never failed.

FYI that's an older version, 83-84 I'd guess. Maybe earlier. They sound a little different than the more sought after 86-88 that have the different knobs, pull treble boost etc.
I had one of those with the 80. Less gainy than the later versions, and not as tight.

FYI that's an older version, 83-84 I'd guess. Maybe earlier. They sound a little different than the more sought after 86-88 that have the different knobs, pull treble boost etc.
I had one of those with the 80. Less gainy than the later versions, and not as tight.

This does have the pull treble boost on it. Way more gain then I'll ever need or want. I'll have to poke around an see if there are some dates on it.

Back