I have more Camerons than anyone.......BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attachments

• Gun2.jpg
    Gun2.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 106
Too bad the dude can’t really play. Sort of like the neighbor down the street that inherits a boatload of money - buys a McLaren - and thinks that owning the car imparts driving skills that take 10,000 hrs of dedicated track time to develop.

He knows a few riffs, a few licks, but plays everything with that ultra stiff, marching band, zero swing, zero feel ‘clunk’ that just screams ‘amateur.’

Too bad the dude can’t really play. Sort of like the neighbor down the street that inherits a boatload of money - buys a McLaren - and thinks that owning the car imparts driving skills that take 10,000 hrs of dedicated track time to develop.

He knows a few riffs, a few licks, but plays everything with that ultra stiff, marching band, zero swing, zero feel ‘clunk’ that just screams ‘amateur.’
See, I've seen this sort of argument posted a lot in various places and I don't really get it. I'm not defending the dude, but I don't think he's ever claimed to be some stellar professional guitarist, so who gives a shit what he spends his money on? I mean, even amateurs are allowed to have hobbies right? And if they decide to sink thousands of dollars into something that makes them happy, who cares? I just don't understand the argument that because someone is an "amateur" they can't spend their own money on whatever they want.

See, I've seen this sort of argument posted a lot in various places and I don't really get it. I'm not defending the dude, but I don't think he's ever claimed to be some stellar professional guitarist, so who gives a shit what he spends his money on? I mean, even amateurs are allowed to have hobbies right? And if they decide to sink thousands of dollars into something that makes them happy, who cares? I just don't understand the argument that because someone is an "amateur" they can't spend their own money on whatever they want.
If I had to get rid of everything I own that I’m not great at? I’d have no guitars, amps, my Harley, my three Labs ( they are good dogs but I’m not an expert trainer and I don’t use them for duck hunting), my grills ( I make some good stuff but not a pitboss), my golf clubs ( good lord they’d have to go first), and probably my wife.

If I had to get rid of everything I own that I’m not great at? I’d have no guitars, amps, my Harley, my three Labs ( they are good dogs but I’m not an expert trainer and I don’t use them for duck hunting), my grills ( I make some good stuff but not a pitboss), my golf clubs ( good lord they’d have to go first), and probably my wife.
My wife and I have worked very hard to have things we have, so damnit I'm going to play shitty nu metal riffs very poorly through my boutique amps using either my Murphy Lab R8 or silverbusrt custom because for the 20 minutes I get out of a week to jam, it makes me very fucking happy.

It's extremely hard to see someone, that has some really cool gear, out in public saying: "Luke at this dude! Can't even afford to buy good gear. What a loser!", "Ha, he only have a one guitar. Go get a job!" or "He looks like an idiot playing that shitty guitar through that shitty amp!".
However, it's pretty much always the ones who don't have much gear, that are bitching, complaining, badmouthing and making fun of the ones who were able to get the gear they wanted.
Remember... Rig-Talk and The Gear Page are are called RIG-Talk and The GEAR Page, and not BITCH-Talk or The Bitching Page for a reason.
Now, if you cannot stand watching people being able to afford the gear WE ALL WANT, then the problem is you, and not them.

It's extremely hard to see someone, that has some really cool gear, out in public saying: "Luke at this dude! Can't even afford to buy good gear. What a loser!", "Ha, he only have a one guitar. Go get a job!" or "He looks like an idiot playing that shitty guitar through that shitty amp!".
However, it's pretty much always the ones who don't have much gear, that are bitching, complaining, badmouthing and making fun of the ones who were able to get the gear they wanted.
Remember... Rig-Talk and The Gear Page are are called RIG-Talk and The GEAR Page, and not BITCH-Talk or The Bitching Page for a reason.
Now, if you cannot stand watching people being able to afford the gear WE ALL WANT, then the problem is you, and not them.
You’d think if there was any place to talk about the coolest gear it would be a place like here, yet I (and others) often have to talk about some of my most interesting stuff elsewhere to avoid drama and negativity. It’s unfortunate

I agree except not everyone wants all that juckin' funk to be honest. More shit to haul around. More crap taking up space in my small home. More guitars to change strings on. More amps that need serviced. More maintenance. I hate being a slave to junk I own. Sure it's beautiful gear but two guitar and two amps do all the gigs I can stand to play and I pour enough cash into those already. If it ain't been played in six months I get rid of it. Tis a gift to be simple.

rockin dippy at one of the NAMM shows went up to Doug Aldrich and asked him to sign some merch.
DA basically said "get away from me' to which dippy got lippy saying "don't you know who i am" ya da ?
I am actually a little surprised by this as Doug is a really nice guy, and typically pretty gracious regarding such requests.

Back