Give me your IR recommendations

Just curious for the folks using the Bogren stuff which IR’s are your go to’s ?
Kohle's Modern variants from his Rainbows portion of his cabs
Valovirtuous from Clean/Lead
SoundOfGod variants from Rhythm
Catflower and Scamp from Tue's pack are cool
Gojira inspired one from Downtuned is cool

I dunno, I use a lot depending on context. Euge Valovirta has a good overview of like every pack and does a good job going through the IRs.

Kohle's Modern variants from his Rainbows portion of his cabs
Valovirtuous from Clean/Lead
SoundOfGod variants from Rhythm
Catflower and Scamp from Tue's pack are cool
Gojira inspired one from Downtuned is cool

I dunno, I use a lot depending on context. Euge Valovirta has a good overview of like every pack and does a good job going through the IRs.
The rhythm pack is the only 1 I have right now and the sound of god variants are typically my go to’s.
Looking into this Euge V cat, thanks for the heads up

I was a big fan of York but Ownhammer has been nailing it with the new Rockbox releases. They seem to need no EQ'ing and they sit right in the mix. Price is right too.
As I understand it, the Essentials packs are the new recordings and the Rock Box is a compilation of older IRs.
Correct me if I'm wrong

I always use mix 01 in yorks packs
It is a good starting point

Basically always the mix 01 has been my favorite on the York M25, Mesa V30 and Bgnr cab packs. I bought the KW as well but I need to test it more.

Do you have the Ownhammer Classic Rock Essentials Pack too? I have heard that it is better than yorks M25
I love the York M25 Marshall pack! Is the Ownhammer Classic Rock Essentials pack that good? Any other good Ownhammer cab packs?

All the Essentials Packs are good

1000055614.png

I just this week have tried EAS Studios (mirrorprofiles) at the recommendation of this forum and I am actually very impressed. They seem more raw than something like Josh Middleton, etc. But for some reason I’m really finding these to be the most real world sounding and feeling. It’s like they are a balanced sound across my fretboard and I can finally “dig in” to my strings.

Which pack did you get? I keep hearing good things about the EAS IRs.

In general I dont like playing with IRs, but curious about any that sound more 'Amp in the Room'. It seems like so many IRs are all mids and have no depth.

Which pack did you get? I keep hearing good things about the EAS IRs.

In general I dont like playing with IRs, but curious about any that sound more 'Amp in the Room'. It seems like so many IRs are all mids and have no depth.
Just the CALI OS 2005 - CABINET IR TASTER PACK. But I also bought the full Kemper pack and have been using IRs from there with Kemper amps. I hav been in a full Kemper stage lately, so have only been using the IRs with that. But I still have amps and a load box, so I'll let you know in a couple of days how the CALI OS sounds with that setup.

Anyone aware of a good Fane F70 based IR?
Absolutely love this speaker but haven’t seen any impulses of it

Just the CALI OS 2005 - CABINET IR TASTER PACK. But I also bought the full Kemper pack and have been using IRs from there with Kemper amps. I hav been in a full Kemper stage lately, so have only been using the IRs with that. But I still have amps and a load box, so I'll let you know in a couple of days how the CALI OS sounds with that setup.

Try the 92 recto pack…absolutely amazing, probably my fav of Ed’s right now.

EAS to me for sure is the most realistic sounding to me. They all sound “real” but the way Ed captures stuff makes things especially in the low end seem indistinguishable to me from micing up my cab with an amp. I could use nothing but EAS’s stuff and be completely happy. The 92 recto cab is amazing, the 2002 OS is amazing and really hard to beat ( Ed’s favorite as well), the vented 75’s pack is crushing, all the recto cab variants are great, you really just can’t go wrong. All useable, all great. And since he uses a Dynamount to capture them, you can get exactly what you want out of it as far as brightness. He also captures all 4 speakers, which I wish more providers would do.

When auditioning which speaker I want to use I’ll throw all 4 in libra, put them all on 50 ( dead center) with an sm57, and listen to each to decide which I like the best for whatever it is im
Doing. This is how I would do it in the analog world as well, and really allows you to see just which speaker works perfectly for your mix.

EAS to me for sure is the most realistic sounding to me. They all sound “real” but the way Ed captures stuff makes things especially in the low end seem indistinguishable to me from micing up my cab with an amp. I could use nothing but EAS’s stuff and be completely happy. The 92 recto cab is amazing, the 2002 OS is amazing and really hard to beat ( Ed’s favorite as well), the vented 75’s pack is crushing, all the recto cab variants are great, you really just can’t go wrong. All useable, all great. And since he uses a Dynamount to capture them, you can get exactly what you want out of it as far as brightness. He also captures all 4 speakers, which I wish more providers would do.

When auditioning which speaker I want to use I’ll throw all 4 in libra, put them all on 50 ( dead center) with an sm57, and listen to each to decide which I like the best for whatever it is im
Doing. This is how I would do it in the analog world as well, and really allows you to see just which speaker works perfectly for your mix.
Thanks for the info. I’ll try that pack next for sure.

I have seen a few times that the 2002 seems to be the favorite of many. I basically would like something that is as close to sitting in front of a big chunking Mesa OS cab as I could get in an IR. I find most IRs just dont have that chug feeling to them.

Back