This guitar finish is wild

GuitarGuy08

This guitar finish is wild - and not in a good way. I know James Tyler guitars are expensive, but would you pay extra to have this look? It reminds me of when I did my first paint job on a guitar. Definitely not into it. I just can't get over how weird and offputting it is. Would not buy it at all with that finish, let alone pay extra! 8k+ guitar.....

1721743953490.png

And the back. Yep, reminds me of when I swirled with a sparkle finish or two and didn't really know what I was doing. Still prefer mine over this. The neck itself is so absolutely stunning, it's unreal.

1721744184774.png

1721744284766.png

Yeah I’m not digging that finish, looks more like a colossal mistake. And I’ve sort of lost any attraction to birdseye and flamed necks. So that guitar looks all kinds of gross to me. It’s probably perfection to somebody.

And I have a limit for cost on new production bolt-ons and it’s well south of the Tyler neighborhood. Im sure they’re nice but barring vintage no bolt-on is worth that.

Was in Gruhns yesterday and the number of $4k+ new production CS Strats and Teles was crazy. Played a bunch and I’ll take my best partscasters over every one of them…and mine don’t look like beaters/choppers either.

I hate what slanting the bridge pickup that way does to the tone.

Like... why would someone want the bass notes softer/looser and the treble notes more icepicky?

The finish does look kinda cool. Not what I'd have on my guitar, but it does look cool.

I hate what slanting the bridge pickup that way does to the tone.

Like... why would someone want the bass notes softer/looser and the treble notes more icepicky?
That is the standard slant that strats use for singles, etc. I have always wondered the exact same thing!! Like, wouldn't you want the bass tighter and the treble warmer?

Yeah I’m not digging that finish, looks more like a colossal mistake. And I’ve sort of lost any attraction to birdseye and flamed necks. So that guitar looks all kinds of gross to me. It’s probably perfection to somebody.

And I have a limit for cost on new production bolt-ons and it’s well south of the Tyler neighborhood. Im sure they’re nice but barring vintage no bolt-on is worth that.

Was in Gruhns yesterday and the number of $4k+ new production CS Strats and Teles was crazy. Played a bunch and I’ll take my best partscasters over every one of them…and mine don’t look like beaters/choppers either.

Same, I cannot, for the life of me, fathom spending that much on a bolt on neck guitar.

I've literally never played one that I thought was worth that much, when it's so ungodly easy with some effort to spec out and set up a partscaster to your own liking.

Back