I have more Camerons than anyone.......BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I agree except not everyone wants all that juckin' funk to be honest. More shit to haul around. More crap taking up space in my small home. More guitars to change strings on. More amps that need serviced. More maintenance. I hate being a slave to junk I own. Sure it's beautiful gear but two guitar and two amps do all the gigs I can stand to play and I pour enough cash into those already. If it ain't been played in six months I get rid of it. Tis a gift to be simple.
Nothing wrong with not wanting to own a lot of gear. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I was just pointing out that is pretty funny that, save extremely rare exceptions, it's always the ones that don't have lots of gear that bitches about the ones that have. Almost never the other way around.
By the way, I see your way of life more as practical than simple. And there's nothing wrong about that at all.
I have this really good friend, matter of fact, one of the very best ones, from Brazil, who don't care about luxury at all. He always dresses himself so simple, that when he would visit me in Los Angeles, and we would hit the music stores so he could hunt for CDs, every single time a security guy would be around us, because he would be wearing shorts, flip flops and sleeveless shirts. That's how simple he is. He don't go to expensive bars, restaurants, parties... he don't drive expensive cars. All he cares about is listening and enjoying music, surfing and his family. Even knowing, the kind of money he has, is beyond what most everybody here could even comprehend. For example, his grandfather donated the area so, at the time, the third biggest soccer stadium in the world could've been built. One of the, over 50 farms his father owns, extends on 17 miles of one of the most beautiful coastal areas on the entire Brazil, on the north east. He probably have no idea how many real state they own, just in the capital of my state alone. Still, one of the most humble, honest, loyal and kind person I've ever met.
You don't own stuff because you don't like to maintain it. That's being practical.
That buddy of mine owns more than probably all of us in here, combined, and still, never had to rub it on anyones face, or criticize someones life style. HE is simple.

I agree except not everyone wants all that juckin' funk to be honest. More shit to haul around. More crap taking up space in my small home. More guitars to change strings on. More amps that need serviced. More maintenance. I hate being a slave to junk I own. Sure it's beautiful gear but two guitar and two amps do all the gigs I can stand to play and I pour enough cash into those already. If it ain't been played in six months I get rid of it. Tis a gift to be simple.
Yeah. I will sometimes have two amps at a time until i choose the better fit, then move the next. I have my electric and a d18 for when i play and sing. I dont like gear sitting around and i usually gravitate to what i like most

My previous post wasn’t so much focused on the fact that Rock and Chippy has a ton of money wrapped up in Camerons - or the hypothetical neighbor down the street who bought the Maclaren.

It’s the guy with the room full of Cameron’s who is an absolute arrogant smug ass to everyone else in the hobby about his collection - and the hypothetical guy down the street who thinks buying the Maclaren makes him AJ Foyt.

If you are fortunate enough / hard working enough to have really nice stuff, good for you. Be cool about it and lots of folks will think ‘good for you.’ Be a condescending ass about it and you of waive the right to act shocked and butt-hurt when others around you just aren’t impressed anymore.

Sounds like Doug knew exactly who Rock and Chippy was - and just wasn’t impressed.

My previous post wasn’t so much focused on the fact that Rock and Chippy has a ton of money wrapped up in Camerons - or the hypothetical neighbor down the street who bought the Maclaren.

It’s the guy with the room full of Cameron’s who is an absolute arrogant smug ass to everyone else in the hobby about his collection - and the hypothetical guy down the street who thinks buying the Maclaren makes him AJ Foyt.

If you are fortunate enough / hard working enough to have really nice stuff, good for you. Be cool about it and lots of folks will think ‘good for you.’ Be a condescending ass about it and you of waive the right to act shocked and butt-hurt when others around you just aren’t impressed anymore.

Sounds like Doug knew exactly who Rock and Chippy was - and just wasn’t impressed.
Admittedly, I don't know anything about the guy other than what I've seen on YouTube. If he's been an ass on forums it would be understandable why people wouldn't care for him. However, your initial post reeked of pretentious envy. 'He's just an amateur'.

Theres a Facebook group I used to post in where people did the same shit. I'd post a picture of a new guitar and some would jump on to ask "what band are you in?" "I don't know why you'd buy that amp if you're not out gigging" and other statements like those. I've seen it here too.

All im saying is If it were me, and I knew the guys background, I probably would have said, that Chippy guy, total asshole but man he's got some badass amps.

It's extremely hard to see someone, that has some really cool gear, out in public saying: "Luke at this dude! Can't even afford to buy good gear. What a loser!", "Ha, he only have a one guitar. Go get a job!" or "He looks like an idiot playing that shitty guitar through that shitty amp!".
However, it's pretty much always the ones who don't have much gear, that are bitching, complaining, badmouthing and making fun of the ones who were able to get the gear they wanted.
Remember... Rig-Talk and The Gear Page are are called RIG-Talk and The GEAR Page, and not BITCH-Talk or The Bitching Page for a reason.
Now, if you cannot stand watching people being able to afford the gear WE ALL WANT, then the problem is you, and not them.
Pretty sure on the Beato interview, Guthrie Trapp said he only owned one guitar.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about the guy other than what I've seen on YouTube. If he's been an ass on forums it would be understandable why people wouldn't care for him. However, your initial post reeked of pretentious envy. 'He's just an amateur'.

Theres a Facebook group I used to post in where people did the same shit. I'd post a picture of a new guitar and some would jump on to ask "what band are you in?" "I don't know why you'd buy that amp if you're not out gigging" and other statements like those. I've seen it here too.

All im saying is If it were me, and I knew the guys background, I probably would have said, that Chippy guy, total asshole but man he's got some badass amps.
Very sorry - did not mean to come off pretentious. This is the sentence that I think got lost in the original post: “…and thinks that owning the car imparts driving skills that take 10,000 hrs of dedicated track time to develop”

Having cool sh*t and enjoying how cool it is is one thing. Having cool shit and gloating over it or thinking that it somehow makes the person who owns it cooler is another. One does not need to be envious of others to recognize when others are gloating.

Pretty sure on the Beato interview, Guthrie Trapp said he only owned one guitar.
He’s a ‘one guitar guy’ but he owns others.

I never got the hate for Rockinchippy but I don’t know any background other than he likes and buys Cams. Good for him. I’d probably own a bunch of vintage Marshalls and Gibsons if I could.

One day I’ll have more partscasters than anyone. Bwahahahahahaha….bwahahahahaha…

A room full of multiples of practically any other amp brand wouldn't elicit such a negative response. RC damn well knows the Cameron back story of ripped off people and yet seemingly has no self awareness of how those ripped off folks would feel after seeing how easily RC got his. Or, he has full awareness of it and just likes to flaunt his toys. And it doesn't help that he can't play his way out of a wet paper bag.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with not wanting to own a lot of gear. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I was just pointing out that is pretty funny that, save extremely rare exceptions, it's always the ones that don't have lots of gear that bitches about the ones that have. Almost never the other way around.
By the way, I see your way of life more as practical than simple. And there's nothing wrong about that at all.
I have this really good friend, matter of fact, one of the very best ones, from Brazil, who don't care about luxury at all. He always dresses himself so simple, that when he would visit me in Los Angeles, and we would hit the music stores so he could hunt for CDs, every single time a security guy would be around us, because he would be wearing shorts, flip flops and sleeveless shirts. That's how simple he is. He don't go to expensive bars, restaurants, parties... he don't drive expensive cars. All he cares about is listening and enjoying music, surfing and his family. Even knowing, the kind of money he has, is beyond what most everybody here could even comprehend. For example, his grandfather donated the area so, at the time, the third biggest soccer stadium in the world could've been built. One of the, over 50 farms his father owns, extends on 17 miles of one of the most beautiful coastal areas on the entire Brazil, on the north east. He probably have no idea how many real state they own, just in the capital of my state alone. Still, one of the most humble, honest, loyal and kind person I've ever met.
You don't own stuff because you don't like to maintain it. That's being practical.
That buddy of mine owns more than probably all of us in here, combined, and still, never had to rub it on anyones face, or criticize someones life style. HE is simple.
He’s also just smart. The people I’ve met that are rich rich didn’t flaunt it. They probably keep a low profile because they have a lot to lose and don’t want to draw attention to themselves.

I am actually a little surprised by this as Doug is a really nice guy, and typically pretty gracious regarding such requests.

This is very true! Met him after a Dead Daisies show and was a real humble guy who just wants to play music live and enjoy what he does best. Such a great guitar player!

Rockinchippy is entitled to own as many Cameron's as he wishes I just thought the video was a bit cringy and thought I would have a bit of fun....:LOL:

I'm trying to remember how that Chippy/Doug thing went down, and this is what I 'think' happened.........Doug was playing a show, nearby to Chippy and chippy loaned him one of his amps for the show; or maybe it was to record? Anyway, Doug was of course appreciative to it and that was that. At the following NAMM Chippy expected some extra video attention from Doug, maybe promoting Chippy's youtube or something, and Doug was a bit put off by that 'assumption' on Chippy's part. So no soup for Chippy. Chippy was mad. End of story.

At least, that's what I remember anyway. Something along those lines.

As far as gear goes, WHO FN CARES what anyone of us does with their cash? YOUR money, spend it how YOU want to. It's called RIG TALK not RIGs only APPROVED BY THE MAJORITY or some shit like that.....

Back