Are there any online retailers that still don't charge tax?

ners

I know the laws changed a few years ago causing most major gear sites to start collecting taxes, but I'm debating a big purchase and am completely willing to duck uncle sam to save a couple hundred.

Already checked the following...
  • Sweetwater
  • Musicians Friend
  • Chicago Music Exchange
  • American Musical Supply
  • Alto Music

Cheers, unfortunately they don't have what I'm looking for.

Found PerfectCircuit.com doesn't collect sales tax, but they're also out of what I'm looking for.

Some stores will, especially if they are in a different state from you.. depends on what you are looking for.

NStuff, (unless you're in Pennsylvania), and Pitbull Audio, (if you're not in California), Matt's Music, (Massachusetts)?

I've bought a Friedman and a Gibson Les Paul from Nstuff. No tax, and 15% off. They shipped same day both times and know how to pack.

Bought my Engl from Pitbull. They gave me 15% off, no tax, and I got $127 rewards cash which I finally used to get a Boss PS-6 Harmonist with $22 out of pocket.

Bought my Bogner 50 watt XTC from Matt's. Got $100 off and no tax. They shipped same day too.

I believe it boils down to how much they do in annual sales that forces them to collect tax. The smaller Brick & Mortars are the ones to find. All 3 I listed were a pleasure to deal with.

Killerburst guitars - if you are outside of CT. And Jon is a standup guy
He carries Charvel, Schecter, Boogie, Vegatram, etc...
With that store you need to know exactly what you are buying. Good luck trying anything let alone touch anything.

Totally bookmarking this thread. I thought they all had to charge tax now??

They can avoid charging sales tax if their total annual sales in a given state is below a certain threshold, and each state decides what that threshold is. Some states just go by total sales, and others factor in the number of transactions.

Back