I have more Camerons than anyone.......BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm trying to remember how that Chippy/Doug thing went down, and this is what I 'think' happened.........Doug was playing a show, nearby to Chippy and chippy loaned him one of his amps for the show; or maybe it was to record? Anyway, Doug was of course appreciative to it and that was that. At the following NAMM Chippy expected some extra video attention from Doug, maybe promoting Chippy's youtube or something, and Doug was a bit put off by that 'assumption' on Chippy's part. So no soup for Chippy. Chippy was mad. End of story.
Sounds like Doug doesn't know how to return a favor to me. Then again I'm not sure I would borrow an amp from a dude named Chippy either LOL.

Very sorry - did not mean to come off pretentious. This is the sentence that I think got lost in the original post: “…and thinks that owning the car imparts driving skills that take 10,000 hrs of dedicated track time to develop”

Having cool sh*t and enjoying how cool it is is one thing. Having cool shit and gloating over it or thinking that it somehow makes the person who owns it cooler is another. One does not need to be envious of others to recognize when others are gloating.
All good, dude🤘

Reactions: PDC
Sounds like Doug doesn't know how to return a favor to me. Then again I'm not sure I would borrow an amp from a dude named Chippy either LOL.
Well, I think Doug did do something cool for Chippy. And, Doug never said he would 'endorse' or otherwise give him huge amounts of time on video at NAMM. There was much assumption on Chippy's part. And he was quite irritated about it, according to some.
But again, this was a long time ago, maybe 8-10 yrs so I may have some of this wrong. By all accounts, Doug is a nice guy. And, those that know Chippy say the same. So, who knows.

I’m re-reading my posts on this thread and I am once again feeling shitty about myself. This makes the second time in my membership on this forum that I posted something that went a bit off the rails as compared to what I was thinking when I typed it. And I hate that. I really dig this forum and I really dig all the members. Everyone has such diverse / different paths that lead them to love cool gear and cool music. Without that, the forum wouldn’t be worth visiting.

Rockinchippy: watched a lot of vids. Heard quality demos of a ton of amps that I could not have ever ‘auditioned’ in person. He has a collection of amps that I only wish I owned.

As far as playing ability - I have to realize that I am nowhere NEAR the player I was when I was hammering away at music full time. Somehow, some part of me thinks that hasn’t changed, then I grab a guitar and realize that playing an instrument is like any physical activity - use it or lose it. And it saddens me how much of it I’ve lost along the way. It was shitty for me to take at shot a a guy I’ve never met - when my own playing needs so much work. Especially when his playing is by all accounts solid.

I hate how life - the day I’ve had before logging into this forum - has crept into 2 threads now.

I love Monkey Man’s devotion to the Bikini Thread. I need to start and STOP there any time I’m having a bad day.

This is where I come to get away from the stress of life - not a good place to vent the stress of life. A wise man once said: ‘Don’t Shit Where You Eat.’

I'm trying to remember how that Chippy/Doug thing went down, and this is what I 'think' happened.........Doug was playing a show, nearby to Chippy and chippy loaned him one of his amps for the show; or maybe it was to record? Anyway, Doug was of course appreciative to it and that was that. At the following NAMM Chippy expected some extra video attention from Doug, maybe promoting Chippy's youtube or something, and Doug was a bit put off by that 'assumption' on Chippy's part. So no soup for Chippy. Chippy was mad. End of story.

At least, that's what I remember anyway. Something along those lines.

As far as gear goes, WHO FN CARES what anyone of us does with their cash? YOUR money, spend it how YOU want to. It's called RIG TALK not RIGs only APPROVED BY THE MAJORITY or some shit like that.....
I’m pretty sure this story is about JoelHoekstra, not Doug. Unless that was ANOTHER RC story…

I’m re-reading my posts on this thread and I am once again feeling shitty about myself. This makes the second time in my membership on this forum that I posted something that went a bit off the rails as compared to what I was thinking when I typed it. And I hate that. I really dig this forum and I really dig all the members. Everyone has such diverse / different paths that lead them to love cool gear and cool music. Without that, the forum wouldn’t be worth visiting.

Rockinchippy: watched a lot of vids. Heard quality demos of a ton of amps that I could not have ever ‘auditioned’ in person. He has a collection of amps that I only wish I owned.

As far as playing ability - I have to realize that I am nowhere NEAR the player I was when I was hammering away at music full time. Somehow, some part of me thinks that hasn’t changed, then I grab a guitar and realize that playing an instrument is like any physical activity - use it or lose it. And it saddens me how much of it I’ve lost along the way. It was shitty for me to take at shot a a guy I’ve never met - when my own playing needs so much work. Especially when his playing is by all accounts solid.

I hate how life - the day I’ve had before logging into this forum - has crept into 2 threads now.

I love Monkey Man’s devotion to the Bikini Thread. I need to start and STOP there any time I’m having a bad day.

This is where I come to get away from the stress of life - not a good place to vent the stress of life. A wise man once said: ‘Don’t Shit Where You Eat.’
Don't sweat your comment, dude. It's just the internet. Don't take it too seriously.

Being happy because someone owns some cool gear is what life is about, celebrating a hording greedy ego maniac, not so much. YMMV. I think it's cool seeing a gear heads multiple amps, but celebrating others getting took while you bask and showboat how many you have and that they possibly are maybe even others that they paid for but you had a bigger pile of cash? Love the 1st vid, the 2nd is for the selfie pic of the hour lovers

I’m pretty sure this story is about JoelHoekstra, not Doug. Unless that was ANOTHER RC story…
Hadn't heard the JH story, but the story i did hear was dippy wanted D. Aldrich to sign his amp or the faceplate of the dippy cartoon amp [at the time dippy was all jacked up in the head about it plastering that amp internet wise globally] and Doug wanted nothing to do with that.
Hence the rockin dippy butthurt.

Don't be so hard on yourself @PDC. Tomorrow no one will care. Heck, no one cares today. God still loves you bro.
Love. This. It is odd how much I get out of the posts and interactions on this forum. Guitars and Gear is where it all started for me - and today, I could count my true music buds on one hand with fingers missing. So I really dig being a part of this forum and I hate it when shit goes sideways.

Guaranteed there is a Cameron "skin suit", deep well and tons of Death's Head moths just out of view..."It puts the cascading gain on it's skin..."

Just kidding 😂 I'd love to have a Cameron Aldrich. Not to beat a dead horse but really sucks that my favorite tone of all time is associated with amp drama, stuff that wasn't delivered, etc.

I agree eith everyone about spending money. Get what you earned in this life and enjoy it. Maybe that is one thing that brings him joy.

As i get older, I give a crap less about everything and just want to rock out. I'm sick of politics, sick of all of the arguments about religion, orientation, flags, etc. I'll tell you guys, you want to see family and bonding and people having each other's backs? Go to a metal show. We don our vests with patches and everyone high-fives, back slaps, and air guitars with total strangers. This world could learn a thing or two from rockers.

I like Tim Henson, he's probably a cool bro honestly
That is mostly a joke. I just don’t like the style, like all those manicure-pedicure painted nails, clothing like a teenage girl, hell, he even look like he uses makeup. You know, that k-pop guy style lol

Other than that I actually like his skill and some melodies even. And mostly looks like chill dude. If he has good beer, we def make friends 😂

Back