Gary Moore YEAH!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
Victims for me as well. Top 5 player for me. I still play that album regularly.
Monster.

Shit, I even liked this for a minute when he was my new musical obsession in the 80’s 😂

This is from his heavy era. Damn, he killed it on this tune. The sound he got on this playing his Fiesta Red Strat, just WOW. Ballsy AF to cover a Jeff Beck tune, but Gary brought it bigtime. Jeff liked Gary's version of it. The solo is brain melting.

Yes Virginia, you can play metal with a Strat.

That was the first Gary Moore song I had heard, and bought the album. Blew me away. Second album I got was Live in Detroit. That's a must have for any Gary Moore fan.

My favorite player for the last 15 years. Not many youtube vids of him that I haven't seen. Some I've watched probably over 30 times such as the Messiah will come, Tribute to Phil -Dublin show, Redhouse, Stormy Monday etc. Guy has the quickest middle finger when doing trills...wtf. For me he lives in the top 5 guitarist of all time category. Seen him in 1977 when he filled in for Robbo on the Thin Lizzy/Queen tour.

Big GM fan. From the earlier rock days. I had heard Randy Rhoads was a fan so that was how I became a fan. I can tolerate the blues stuff probably BECAUSE of the racehorse at a dog show thing, what else was he gonna do? He wasn't gonna be lame and he kind of had to distance himself from SRV somehow so the high distortion just-be-Gary mode worked but it got lamer and lamer (less racehorse) as it went. If I never hear (or play) Still Got the Blues again I'm cool with that.

Shit, I even liked this for a minute when he was my new musical obsession in the 80’s 😂

There was some great playing bandwise on the G Force project/album. Great band with Michael Shrieve on drums. Strangest Gary Moore guitar tone though since he apparently went direct into the board. But the songs themselves were a little more rhythmically adventurous including this one:

Back