Gary Moore YEAH!!!!!

This is from his heavy era. Damn, he killed it on this tune. The sound he got on this playing his Fiesta Red Strat, just WOW. Ballsy AF to cover a Jeff Beck tune, but Gary brought it bigtime. Jeff liked Gary's version of it. The solo is brain melting.

Yes Virginia, you can play metal with a Strat.

That was the first Gary Moore song I had heard, and bought the album. Blew me away. Second album I got was Live in Detroit. That's a must have for any Gary Moore fan.

My favorite player for the last 15 years. Not many youtube vids of him that I haven't seen. Some I've watched probably over 30 times such as the Messiah will come, Tribute to Phil -Dublin show, Redhouse, Stormy Monday etc. Guy has the quickest middle finger when doing trills...wtf. For me he lives in the top 5 guitarist of all time category. Seen him in 1977 when he filled in for Robbo on the Thin Lizzy/Queen tour.

Big GM fan. From the earlier rock days. I had heard Randy Rhoads was a fan so that was how I became a fan. I can tolerate the blues stuff probably BECAUSE of the racehorse at a dog show thing, what else was he gonna do? He wasn't gonna be lame and he kind of had to distance himself from SRV somehow so the high distortion just-be-Gary mode worked but it got lamer and lamer (less racehorse) as it went. If I never hear (or play) Still Got the Blues again I'm cool with that.

Shit, I even liked this for a minute when he was my new musical obsession in the 80’s 😂

There was some great playing bandwise on the G Force project/album. Great band with Michael Shrieve on drums. Strangest Gary Moore guitar tone though since he apparently went direct into the board. But the songs themselves were a little more rhythmically adventurous including this one:

Back