Scorpion's Love At First Sting .. turns 40

Damn, how time fly's! I have been listening to this cd all week and it still sounds as good as back in the day. So many killer tracks on this as well as the killer lead playing. One of my favorites!

Brings back great memories.

The music from this album was everywhere -- radios, cassette players, home stereos, cars, trucks -- it seems like everyone had this blasting somewhere. What a summer for this.

The first album I bought that was such a disappointment, that I considered throwing it away.
What a letdown after the awesomeness of “Blackout”.

The first album I bought that was such a disappointment, that I considered throwing it away.
What a letdown after the awesomeness of “Blackout”.
Agreed. I think LAFS has a few great songs and Matthias continued to excel but the hard rock edge of Lovedrive , Animal Magnetism and Blackout was gone for the most part . As cool as the tour was I thought it was a step down compared to the Blackout tour

I remember BBRW being the Scorpions cut on a double cassette, metal comp, I wore out as a teenager. This lead to getting World Wide Live which I just devoured. It lead me directly to the really good shit that came before. Once I heard Uli…BAM!!

Back