Van Halen - Me Wise Magic HiFi in Stereo Isolated Guitar Track

Van Halen - Me Wise Magic HiFi in Stereo Isolated Guitar Track​

This is in my Top 5 favorite Van Halen tunes.

Eddie really pushed new boundaries in his playing on this. It’s like his second wind that no one really pays attention to. Also such a shame as it shows what could have been again with DLR briefly returning.

Always been one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing!

I get a lot crap about my opinion, but here goes:

Eddie's rhythm playing is the genius of EVH. His lead playing not so much. He did some cool things in the first two albums lead wise, but phoned it in after that. But his rhythm playing is out of this world!!! This isolated track just highlights that fact....

I get a lot crap about my opinion, but here goes:

Eddie's rhythm playing is the genius of EVH. His lead playing not so much. He did some cool things in the first two albums lead wise, but phoned it in after that. But his rhythm playing is out of this world!!! This isolated track just highlights that fact....
Yep it’s what I’ve been saying all this time lol. Lotta cool stuff he did with swing and syncopations in many of his riffs, but it’s a huge shame the direction that leadwork generally went afterwards focusing on flash vs musicality or depth in the solo’s note choices. I wish more guys took after RR or Marty for leads

I think some people just have the golden touch and an ear that nails an emotion of or feel. Anyone in the world could play the clean part at the beginning of "Humans Being" and it wouldn't capture how Ed did it.

I think I agree with you a bit about Eddie and the rhythm versus solos thing but I also think his solos later were less show-y and were tailored to the song. Like "Right Now", "Judgement Day", etc.

Like I have said here on the forum before, Van Halen is two separate bands to me. Like Jefferson Airplane and Starship, Chicago, or some other groups. I don't like Sammy singing old VH stuff and I certainly wouldn't want to hear DLR trying to do Van Hagar stuff. One is full on party, fast guitar, and humor, and the other is keyboards, serious, and structure.

Didn't he use the steinberg whammy to pull up on those intervals?
Supposedly he used a prototype Wolfgang fitted with the Transtrem. Probably one of these two guitars

Bv5ktzrl.jpg

zwpVCzxl.jpg

Back