Where are all the cat lovers?

Whats the prognosis and treatment options?
he is gone. We made the difficult decision last night. Report lists Prognosis: Grave

RIP Cinco. I love you with everything I got.
IMG_8367.jpeg

Dang.. RIP Cinco. These days, there aren't very many people that I'd piss on if they were on fire... One thing I cannot abide, is seeing an animal suffer or be in pain. I ain't gonna lie, that tugs at my heartstrings. I can't imagine how tough that decision had to be.

@mrmega same for Macka.. RIP

he is gone. We made the difficult decision last night. Report lists Prognosis: Grave

RIP Cinco. I love you with everything I got.View attachment 320901
I am so very sorry for your loss. Cinco was blessed to have such loving parents and you were blessed with such a special furry person. Yall did the most selfless and compassionate act imaginable. God bless you for that.

Only those of us who have experienced what this horrible disease does to the kitties can understand what you have been through and understand the depth of your loss.

My family is praying for yours. My pastor told me that God wouldn't waste their lives so have comfort he has taken his furry babies home where they will never suffer again.

Fly high and free Cinco.

I also have a manx! I'm surprised how many there are on here, I rarely see others.

Kali: This cat has a tiny head, a complete lack of fear, and a singulary mindset: must cuddle. She's like a dog, she greets me at the door when I get home, stands by the door when I'm trying to leave. Jumps up on me wherever I am, sleeps in my lap, headbutts my chin. I never had a pet as a kid growing up, and we got her through my GF's friend who couldn't keep her anymore, so she was already well into adulthood (around 6) when we got her. She actually lived at my house before my GF even moved in with me. She loves people and and even when we've had parties and get togethers at our place, she's out and about jumping on laps and begging for head pats, and she never claws/scratches even a few times when I thought she should've (I remember one kid kept poking her in the face and I had to intervene lol). Anyway without sounding too sappy, I'm her designated favorite human and she *loves* - so since I grew up without pets and am totally unequipped to deal with loss, I'm pretty sure that when she dies, I'll die. She's 12 or 13 right now so hopefully a few good years left.
IMG_0110.jpg

And here she is inspecting the amps. She likes Marshalls, they smell the best.
IMG_3126.JPG

We got a 2nd cat last year because the first cat would cry whenever we were gone for a night or two. I'd get sound notifications on my security camera of her crying at my door and sleeping in my office chair whining for me and tbh that kinda sucked to watch, so we figured we'd get her a friend so she wouldn't be alone. We were wrong, because they are not friends haha. They don't fight or anything, but they merely tolerate each other, they don't really play or interact much at all. Oops?

Sohpia: Anyway the second cat was a stray mother, only 1-2 years old, had 4 babies, then got stuck in a foster, where apparently mother cats have difficulty getting permanent homes. She is the same gray color and long fur, except with a tail, so we applied and got her - the two cats really look like they should be related when side by side. She is incredibly skittish and scared whenever any new human enters the house. She actually will go find a cat-sized hole somewhere in the house and hide face-first into a dark corner and will not move for hours if she hears someone else - in fact, she's so scared, she will stay in that place, eyes closed, and pee on herself rather than risk trying to go to her litter box. She must've been traumatized a few times as a stray, she did live in Florida during a bad hurricane season with flooding and somehow survived so I guess that fear is why she's still alive now. Luckily she has gotten a lot better in the past year that we've had her, she's still scared of other people but when it gets quieter and I come into the room and speak she'll come out for me, so we're past the pee thing (thank goodness).

It's not clear from the pictures, but this cat has a giant head. When they sit side by side it's kinda hilarious to see the difference because their bodies are so similar in size (they both weigh 12 lbs, same length and overall size).

NFX_5324.jpg

IMG_8428.JPEG

It feels good that in the last year she went from "hiding under the bed peeing herself" to now letting me walk right up and pet her, but she's still a little shaky. One random noise or I bump into a chair or something and she's fully alert and about to decide whether she'll let me pet her or run away and hide. Still, lots of good progress. She does *really* want to be friends with my first cat and the feeling is not reciprocated though, maybe that will improve with time too.

---
Interestingly, neither of my cats are climbers. They are both very grounded, don't claw at furniture or amp grille cloth, don't knock stuff over or off of tables. They're actually really well behaved which is cool, because other than vacuuming up little hair tumbleweeds they are super low maintenance, which is the reason why I have cats instead of dogs. If anything I should probably do a better job playing with them so they don't get fat and bored. Also neither of them bite or swipe with their claws, even when I've had to give them a bath, which is a pleasant surprise.

Sorry for the long post, love these two.
Cheers

FYI - I know a lot of people that hate cats. I think of cats as having God like status. Egyptians knew what was up. That said, cats are aliens, so DO NOT fuck with them.

We got 3 several months ago, my wife’s idiot brother had a female wander up to his place and we kept telling him to get her fixed but his capacity to process the English language seems to be hopelessly compromised…
So she had kittens and my wife saw him when they were just a few weeks old, she said “see dumbass? What are you gonna do now?”
“You gonna get all of them fixed now or have reality bust your chops again?”
He said something to the effect of it being cheaper to shoot them with a 22, and my wife, who is Czech and German got so pissed off she grabbed the kittens and brought them home.
I’m a dog guy. Been a dog guy my whole life.
We lost our last one 5 years ago to old age, she was 17 years old, and I was just getting excited about getting another one…. It literally broke my heart when we had to put my buddy down so it took awhile.
So now we have 3 cats (!!!)
We’ve had them since they were kittens, they have grown up quickly and I am very fond of them. It has been a huge adjustment for me, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you guys how different they are from dogs, but the main thing is, if they don’t want to comply with direct orders, they will just ignore you!
That frikking drives me bananas!!
Apparently it’s just me, they seem to mind my wife just fine….
FC959AC8-E860-43CC-BA1F-E45C2FA69AAE.jpeg
00F293B3-0B4D-43BB-8943-96AA158425C5.jpeg
490B9971-5766-447D-8EFA-5D3BF62E7D5D.jpeg

Oh, and their eyes were all blue when they were born, then they changed to this cool gold color. Is that normal?

We’re gonna keep all 3 of them, they are all males, we got them fixed and I could not imagine separating them, they are all very close to each other. They clean each other’s ears and wrestle with each other constantly.
It’s turning out to be pretty cool having them with us.

My wife murdered her brother and buried him in several spots across the county, burned his house down and ran his car into the river….
We haven’t heard from him since then…
The cats don’t even ask about him..
😂😂

Good for you man. Cats are cool. They hang with your wife and mind her more because she is feeding them most likely. They will never obey like a dog but you can get them to mind you better if you 1.) feed and 2.) spend time with them. Play string, scratch their ears, roll a ball for them, etc.

Back