Gojira at the Olympics!

Did anyone else just see that?
Had to look it up. So far, this is the best video I've found of it (time-stamped to Gojira). Embeds aren't working apparently, so you'll have to watch it on youtube.

Stick around after to see a trippy performance of Vlad the Impaler's stiffs dancing.

French redeeming themselves well beyond freedom fries 😂
Now they just need to book Gojira for the Super Bowl already.

My take, don’t look for it. It’s gone and fuck them for pulling it. It ain’t all that, it’s just a video. Don’t let them win by looking for it. Just let it fade into obscurity. Like Prince.

My take, don’t look for it. It’s gone and fuck them for pulling it. It ain’t all that, it’s just a video. Don’t let them win by looking for it. Just let it fade into obscurity. Like Prince.
Who pulled it though? I'd guess NBC, since it seems like they have exclusive broadcasting rights: https://www.nbcsports.com/olympics/news/olympics-nbc-broadcast-rights-2032

If that's that case, watching through a source other than NBC is the opposite of "letting them win" assuming "them" is "NBC". If your vitriol extends to the Olympics themselves though for selling broadcasting rights to NBC in the first place, then I suppose "them" includes the Olympics as well and watching the events could be construed as letting them win, in a way.

Who pulled it though? I'd guess NBC, since it seems like they have exclusive broadcasting rights: https://www.nbcsports.com/olympics/news/olympics-nbc-broadcast-rights-2032

If that's that case, watching through a source other than NBC is the opposite of "letting them win" assuming "them" is "NBC". If your vitriol extends to the Olympics themselves though for selling broadcasting rights to NBC in the first place, then I suppose "them" includes the Olympics as well and watching the events could be construed as letting them win, in a way.
That would be my guess. I haven’t been able to watch it since yesterday tho. Sometimes it starts, then bails. Probably because I have an iPotato.

It's a bad ass video though. I respect Gojira...Kind of like them a little but not big into them. I think the whole entire thing was great. Playing on the balconies like that with that particular song. Was just cool.

This one is so much better because it doesn't have the NBC knuckleheads commenting over it.
Yeah, the commentary was annoying. Someone else I showed it to though thought it was Dethklok-like, with the news anchor's allegiance changing on air and whatnot. So at least there was some comedy value.

Back