Seymour Duncan Powerstage Amps

• Thread starter Thread starter spanny
  • Start date Start date
spanny
spanny
Hey all!

I've recently been getting into the Synergy stuff and have been using it live, going direct to FOH, however I do miss having stage volume and pushing some air. While the obvious pairing would be using the Synergy 5050 tube power amp, I've been putting some serious thought into getting a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 to save some weight (and a few bucks if I'm being honest). That being said, I've only used tube power amps in the past, will the Powerstage be a good solid state alternative, or would you recommend spending the extra $$ for a tube power amp?

Thanks!

I use a Powerstation but I am also not gigging. Pretty sure that I have watched a rig rundown or two recently with the SD Powerstage in them. No direct experience though.

As long as you have cabinet/speaker options with low ohms ratings they're probably fine for that intended use/case - and sound good, too.

If it was me, I would probably do a KSR PA power amp or something instead

Or if you want to go rackmount, there are a bunch of options that would work

The powerstage does work best for pedalboard only type rigs though.

I don’t gig but If it’s volume your after the Blackstar Amped 1 will put out some serious volume if needed and it’s works as a poweramp or preamp. I preferred it over the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and 200

MegaDave was using a quad cotex(yeah, I said it)into a Duncan Powerstage live during the last rig rundown I saw. Just sayin'.

I have a PS700 that I pulled out of my "rig" today. Running it with either the NDSP QC or the HR Core - all into old school Boogie half-back 412 with Greenbacks. Top notch SS power amp, and the thing that really made the difference for me is having a 3-band EQ to compensate for your presets without having to edit your presets. Loud. Very loud.

I'll be putting it up for sale locally - probably about $500 - if you have any interest, PM me.

Back