Diezel VHX and Columbus pedal. HELP!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter genuineitalian1
  • Start date Start date
G
genuineitalian1
Hey guys, my name is Johnny. I just recently purchased a VHX head. I had a couple of questions that nobody seems to be able to answer and the translated English instructions are not very good with the product that comes with.
1. How do I access the different diesel amplifiers the way it says it can do? How does it change from say the Herbert or the other models.
2. is there any kind of software interface that I can play with the amp and do stuff with? it seems I hook it up to my computer and there’s nothing I can do. I updated the software folder with the update on the diesel website. It seemed to do nothing.
COLUMBUS.
1. So I got the Columbus pedal. And it does not come with the wire you need to hook it from the VHX head to the actual switcher. I tried using an XLR cable. Because it says hook the Columbus here on the back of the head. But it does not work. do I need an active 7 to 5 midi cable or just an active five? Once I hook the wire up, will it automatically pick up and be able to be used or is there something I have to do? It’s not very clear. Thank you so much guys I know I wrote a lot
Regards.
Johnny

Last edited:
Hey guys, my name is Johnny. I just recently purchased a VHX head. I had a couple of questions that nobody seems to be able to answer and the translated English instructions are not very good with the product that comes with.
1. How do I access the different diesel amplifiers the way it says it can’t how do I change it from say the Herbert or the other models.
2. is there any kind of software interface that I can play with the amp and do stuff with it seems I hook it up to my computer and there’s nothing I can do. I updated the software folder with the update on the diesel website. It seemed to do nothing.
COLUMBUS.
1. So I got the Columbus pedal. And it does not come with the wire you need to hook it from the VHX head to the actual switcher. I tried using an XLR cable. Because it says hook the Columbus here on the back of the head. But it does not work. do I need an active 7 to 5 midi cable or just an active five? Once I hook the wire up, will it automatically pick up and be able to be used or is there something I have to do? It’s not very clear. Thank you so much guys I know I wrote a lot
Regards.
Johnny
I would just hope for almost $500 US. That the cable I need to hook it directly to the amp and be able to run with it would be included. I don’t understand why it’s not. The manuals are not very clear and the translation. Doesn’t make sense. But don’t get me wrong. I love the sound of it.!!!

Hey Johnny, welcome! I am going to move this to the Diezel subforum here, as there are people there that will see it quicker. Once again, welcome to RT!

1. How do I access the different diesel amplifiers the way it says it can’t how do I change it from say the Herbert or the other models.
2. is there any kind of software interface that I can play with the amp and do stuff with it seems I hook it up to my computer and there’s nothing I can do. I updated the software folder with the update on the diesel website. It seemed to do nothing.
COLUMBUS.
Regards.
Johnny
I would just hope for almost $500 US. That the cable I need to hook it directly to the amp and be able to run with it would be included. I don’t understand why it’s not. The manuals are not very clear the translation. Not make sense. But don’t get me wrong. I love the sound of
Hey Johnny, welcome! I am going to move this to the Diezel subforum here, as there are people there will will see it quicker. Once again, welcome to RT!
thanks so much!! Look forward to sharing and learning!

1. How do I access the different diesel amplifiers the way it says it can do? How does it change from say the Herbert or the other models.
2. is there any kind of software interface that I can play with the amp and do stuff with? it seems I hook it up to my computer and there’s nothing I can do. I updated the software folder with the update on the diesel website. It seemed to do nothing.
COLUMBUS.
Regards.
Johnny

Hi,

1) You can use SHAPE and MODE to adjust it, by rotating or pressing the SHAPE knob
2) Not today but it's in the work, if the firmware is already the latest one the amp won't update (5.04). You can check the version at the setting page

As for colubus it should work with an XLR cable, just wire it and you should see it working. Use the VHX in OMNI mode first to check it's fully working.

If not working, are you able to see LED lighting up on the columbus?

Hi,

1) You can use SHAPE and MODE to adjust it, by rotating or pressing the SHAPE knob
2) Not today but it's in the work, if the firmware is already the latest one the amp won't update (5.04). You can check the version at the setting page

As for colubus it should work with an XLR cable, just wire it and you should see it working. Use the VHX in OMNI mode first to check it's fully working.

If not working, are you able to see LED lighting up on the columbus?
Hey. Thanks. Well. I plugged in the 5 pin. And the lights are on as I have a power source and it switches channels. I looked at the mount unmount and mount is on so everything can be switched on the head itself. But the head is NOT recognizing the pedal at all. Tuned it off and on. Everything I can thing of.

Hey. Thanks. Well. I plugged in the 5 pin. And the lights are on as I have a power source and it switches channels. I looked at the mount unmount and mount is on so everything can be switched on the head itself. But the head is NOT recognizing the pedal at all. Tuned it off and on. Everything I can thing of.
Please go to the setting page, top left there is a MIDI icon, rotate it till it says "OMNI", mount needs to be OFF.

Please go to the setting page, top left there is a MIDI icon, rotate it till it says "OMNI", mount needs to be OFF.
YES!!! Ok it’s switching!!! Leo thank you!!!! by the way, I love this amplifier truly. If you’d like to see me using it, look on TikTok. My username is. genuineitalian1. I created a music community the largest on TikTok thousands of members all over the world, including Germany look for this #MadMenOfMetal⚡️ This is the community I have created. Thank you so much. But I do have a suggestion. You should include a cable with the pedal this way a person is not unprepared and can use it right away.
Regards!
Johnny.

YES!!! Ok it’s switching!!! Leo thank you!!!! by the way, I love this amplifier truly. If you’d like to see me using it, look on TikTok. My username is. genuineitalian1. I created a music community the largest on TikTok thousands of members all over the world, including Germany look for this #MadMenOfMetal⚡️ This is the community I have created. Thank you so much. But I do have a suggestion. You should include a cable with the pedal this way a person is not unprepared and can use it right away.
Regards!
Johnny.

Thank you!!

The reason why we don't include a cable with Columbus is because XLR cable lenght really depend on what someone wants to do, however I'll pass it to the all the team so we could decide on a standard lenght!
Thank you!

Back