Facebook marketplace deal of the week!

• Thread starter Thread starter jjcor
  • Start date Start date
jjcor
jjcor
Scored this whole rig for $1400! The head is a 2001 and still had the tags and original tubes. Just a ton of dust, but nothing a little cleaning couldn't take care of. Probably going to send it to Hermasson and get it modded. But the main reason I wanted to buy this is cause of the Cab! First time owning one and it definitely has its place in my studio. It was super filthy but I was able to clean it up pretty good.
IMG_4419.jpeg
IMG_4414.jpeg

I also had one of those with a quad of ms-12’s….that fucker ripped.

Buy the head, get the cab free. Love the look on ghe Mesa cabs. How are the speakers?

Can you share any more details of the circumstances that lead to this deal?

Buy the head, get the cab free. Love the look on ghe Mesa cabs. How are the speakers?
The speakers are bright but don’t have that sharp high end. It has great tight bottom end as well. Definitely different sounding than others that I’ve played. I’m still experimenting with them.

Can you share any more details of the circumstances that lead to this deal?
Just found on Facebook Marketplace Sunday night. Randomly came up in my feed. I thought it was just the head until I expanded the listing and it said cab included. Went to the guys place and he said people had be low balling him trying to give him $300 for the cab. He had the listing at $1400 so I didn’t try to bargain with him. He admitted he didn’t know gear too well and had this amp and cab set up since he was a teenager in 2001. So I just gave him the cash and left with a smile 😆

He admitted he didn’t know gear too well and had this amp and cab set up since he was a teenager in 2001.
I’m always hopeful for that but anyone can check reverb, etc., so rare these days. Congrats on the find!

The speakers are bright but don’t have that sharp high end. It has great tight bottom end as well. Definitely different sounding than others that I’ve played. I’m still experimenting with them.
These cabs sound "different" to me, regardless of what speakers are in them. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that there is no fabric grill cloth to attenuate some of the high frequencies, but I think the lows comes from the sealed bottom, and how deep the cab is. They're solidly built for sure

These cabs sound "different" to me, regardless of what speakers are in them. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that there is no fabric grill cloth to attenuate some of the high frequencies, but I think the lows comes from the sealed bottom, and how deep the cab is. They're solidly built for sure
That's a good point about the grill. I wonder if that is the frequencies that Im hearing that stand out to me.

Back