NAD: 6505 1992 original

I tried the 6505 made in USA...
Wanted to love it...I just couldn't...I think it needed a boost to play tight riffs...

Agree...I would start at 6/4/6 for BMT and go from there.

Guys I'm sort of sure I know how to dial in an amp

I can't wait for more wild, spicy suggestions of buying a tube screamer (what r those bro?) or even better, speaker suggestions after I've painstakingly made IRs of my cabs for years

GOOGLE WHAT EQ SETTINGS FOR NIRVONNA SONG ACDC OFF TO NEVER NEVERLAND BY METALLICKA NO SIRI DONT POST TO RT HADDALAYERDOWNNAW CLIBBINS

Guys I'm sort of sure I know how to dial in an amp

I can't wait for more wild, spicy suggestions of buying a tube screamer (what r those bro?) or even better, speaker suggestions after I've painstakingly made IRs of my cabs for years

GOOGLE WHAT EQ SETTINGS FOR NIRVONNA SONG ACDC OFF TO NEVER NEVERLAND BY METALLICKA NO SIRI DONT POST TO RT HADDALAYERDOWNNAW CLIBBINS
In Flames x LaGrange

I retract my statement...6/3/6 for BMT. Add a Maxon OD808 or Ibanez TS9 and you're set. Or whatever exotic boost you want (that didn't exist 15-20 years ago).

Yeah 5150s being unreliable is a new one to me, I know guys that been touring with them for decades with no problems
Common problem usually isn’t caught live on stage. The famous volume drop. Just randomly cut out due to the wiring issue stated in here earlier. Reamped probably a dozen of them and ran into this issue tons of times. Live too. Didn’t notice while playing, then someone shows a live recording and it’s like wtf left guitar just cut out there for 30 seconds.

I retract my statement...6/3/6 for BMT. Add a Maxon OD808 or Ibanez TS9 and you're set. Or whatever exotic boost you want (that didn't exist 15-20 years ago).

I think i've played one of those tube screamerz B4..... not enough distortion to sound like Off to NEVA NEVA LAND by MeTAlLcA, borther

Common problem usually isn’t caught live on stage. The famous volume drop. Just randomly cut out due to the wiring issue stated in here earlier. Reamped probably a dozen of them and ran into this issue tons of times. Live too. Didn’t notice while playing, then someone shows a live recording and it’s like wtf left guitar just cut out there for 30 seconds.

I've had the volume cutout happen to me with multiple 5150s :dunno:

Like, i'm glad those guys didn't have problems with theirs but it is what it is

Not sure if it's been mention yet, but have you tried a TS?

I just started playing guitar yesterday, and I was so stoked

Because when I google searched "what EQ settings on my line 6 spyder for ACDC and MeTallicA"

All I got was these boring explanations of how tone stacks worked, when I wanted everyones literal tone stack settings, because obviously everything else in our rig is going to be exactly the same and it's going to work exactly the same. Because that's how that works!

But now I'm doing a big confuse because everyone's telling me I need a "TOOB SCREEMER" - and I played one of those at my nephew's house, and it didn't sound like KoRn or Slipknot - PLS ADVICE PLS

I just started playing guitar yesterday, and I was so stoked

Because when I google searched "what EQ settings on my line 6 spyder for ACDC and MeTallicA"

All I got was these boring explanations of how tone stacks worked, when I wanted everyones literal tone stack settings, because obviously everything else in our rig is going to be exactly the same and it's going to work exactly the same. Because that's how that works!

But now I'm doing a big confuse because everyone's telling me I need a "TOOB SCREEMER" - and I played one of those at my nephew's house, and it didn't sound like KoRn or Slipknot - PLS ADVICE PLS

TS->TS->HM2->TS

If that doesn't work than you're probably going to need to quit the guitar.

I think i've played one of those tube screamerz B4..... not enough distortion to sound like Off to NEVA NEVA LAND by MeTAlLcA, borther

I've had the volume cutout happen to me with multiple 5150s :dunno:

Like, i'm glad those guys didn't have problems with theirs but it is what it is
Like peas and carrots.

Original tubes in the Block Letter vs. JJs in the 1992. You could probably EQ them closer without setting the dials the same (parts tolerances).

I can hear the difference and I like the first one better.

Which was which? Assuming the 1992 first and yeah, basically lower the treble or mids a hair and it's essentially indistinguishable to my ears.

That's excellent news - its one of those things where you feel like you need to have this tone in the arsenal, but I always felt like I was buying a potential boat anchor used. Especially with how prices on the originals went up so far.

Either way, I was really pleasantly surprised with how exact the 1992 was compared to an OG - enough to give it a shot

Rare win for Peavey TBH, so far. We'll see how it does miced up
nice acquisition!! :rawk:

Back