NAD: 6505 1992 original

I didn't edit it in time :LOL:

But yeah, you can get those identical in whatever usable setting anyone would like in my opinion.
A big FU to the 5150 price gougers out there. I like it. Didn't know about this amp until now.

100%. I was a little skeptical, but I a+bed them, and they are basically identical.

I have the 6505 ii. I know most guys like the original but this one sounds good.

I think they both sound good - it's more of a feature set choice than a tone one. I think they knocked it out of the park with the series, especially in $ to tone ratio.

You could make the argument that it was a few years overdue, but credit goes to peavey for giving the market something that actually works and sounds good and fits in with the peavey brand identity.

You need to start a thread called “School me on Tube Screamers”…like yesterday

If I ever need to push myself from suicidal ideation into suicidal action, I know exactly what to do.

Obviously everything on full. Otherwise you're literally asking for less tone.

Well, we can't have that. I thought I needed less mids, but what I really need is ALL the mids

I’m disappointed you didn’t share your video talking about the clean channel for 20 minutes and attempting to play smoke on the water on the lead channel with the master set to 0.00001/10 complaining it’s too fizzy.

Ill do a recording in the next couple days and everyone can guess what my tonestack settings and boost are

Winner gets to post a Novella about why their version of the 808 is by far the best, and why it makes such a massive difference to dial the BMT to whatever the fuck setting

Ill do a recording in the next couple days and everyone can guess what my tonestack settings and boost are

Winner gets to post a Novella about why their version of the 808 is by far the best, and why it makes such a massive difference to dial the BMT to whatever the fuck setting

Cliff himself would make a synergy plugin of the axe fx just to replicate the tones we are about to hear

I've had a few OG 5150, 6505, and 6505+. Only problem I ever had was the older 5150 had the infamous dirty FX loop sockets that needed cleaning. Other than that, never a problem.

Gonna have to give it a go. I love the block letter, but they are such unreliable amps.
Really? I bought mine brand new when they first came out…had the USA 6l6’s too….used it for 8 years straight pretty much, never a problem. Used it in the Maiden tribute and schlepped it around three or 4 states without a roadcase even. Have had 3 more over the years and never a problem.
These old PV’s are pretty tough to hurt…new ones not so much.

Gonna have to give it a go. I love the block letter, but they are such unreliable amps.

You’re alone on an island with this one. All of mine have been bulletproof. I’ve had tube issues but never amp issues. My only gripe with my 6505+ is the dumb DIN connector for the footswitch that doesn’t make contact. I was going to replace mine with a locking connector before I stopped gigging.

I had one for a while thought it was a pretty cool amp honestly. 5150/6505s record high gain so well.. Personally I kind of prefer the extra cocked wah mids of the +/II.

Anyway did you know the 1992 original and I think also the new 6505 II use the Invective transformers and you can use 6L6 OR EL34 (if you can find a quad that will bias)? Not that it sonically matters though..

Idk where the trend came from to put everything at 6, but that’s a no go for the 5150
Yea I'm not sure about that either on the 5150, I wonder if I have my settings marked down from when I was in a recording studio years ago and used the block letter 5150 they had there 🤔 I'm wonder if the everything on 6 was for the 5150II/6505+ because I seem to recall trying that on my 6505+ head

Back