NAD: 6505 1992 original

I modded mine with the only mod actually worth doing: removing every control from the circuit that doesn't matter and leaving the only one that does.

V7nXpha.png

The answer is GaiN sTagiNg.

🙃

Sweet thanks, any more "no shit sherlock" from the geniuses at RT? I can't wait to hear more!

Perhaps a dissertation on how your BMT settings of 636 are vastly and completely different from 535 or 634 on a fucking guitar amp with part tolerance drift?

How about "which speaker to use", as if it's not all personal preference?

Maybe a powerpoint presentation on how you use the "bridge" pickup for "heavy rock"?

It only works through a stereo guitar in wdwwdw.
Otherwise the amp won't even power on, because it's not wet enough.
Fucking noob.

On a more serious note I almost typed nub instead of noob for some reason.
I like nub. With a short u. Like tub, but nub. :unsure: It seems worse than noob. In a derogatory british sounding way.
Can any of y'all third world brits confirm it's a slang of yours, and use it in a sentence?
A british sentence, please.

Fucking noob.

I like nub. With a short u. Like tub, but nub. :unsure: It seems worse than noob. In a derogatory british sounding way.
Can any of y'all third world brits confirm it's a slang of yours, and use it in a sentence?

They're too busy outlawing the welsh language because it's a racism.

I'm actually not joking that's what theyre doing right now

Fucking noob.

Ewok Medium.jpeg

Presence works the exact same on this. I compared one in a store to an early block letter (without the original glass, in the OG, though) and it's literally the same amp as far as my ears can tell. Like EXACTLY the same. I haven't gotten to really get down with it under a mic though, but I'll be sure to post my findings.

I don't mind the honk. I embrace the honk.

I don't need the mids off, and I absolutely hate sd1s. I'm using an EVM12L and a KSR Eros with the mids scooped on the pedal, though.

Saying goes Eddy liked the presence reacting that way. It is acrually a design flaw as the Presence pot should by linar instead of log.

When Eddy was testing the amp, they told him they are going to change this, but he wanted it that way.

Yea I'm not sure about that either on the 5150, I wonder if I have my settings marked down from when I was in a recording studio years ago and used the block letter 5150 they had there 🤔 I'm wonder if the everything on 6 was for the 5150II/6505+ because I seem to recall trying that on my 6505+ head
The metalcore bands started the 666 thing as did the Swedes

5150s are killer amps for the price. Sound great in a mix too. As long as the mids aren’t cranked. Usually run them at 3 at the most. Otherwise turns into honk city. Presence also doesn’t work until 8 on the OGs not sure how this one is.
Kinda like a Mark IV, I find them really dark unless I have the presence around 7 or so.

The metalcore bands started the 666 thing as did the Swedes
I think that works better in a live setting. For recording, these amps are already mid-heavy and they don't need more mids, as I always pull the mids back especially with modern pickups that seem to emphasis mids themselves.

I think that works better in a live setting. For recording, these amps are already mid-heavy and they don't need more mids, as I always pull the mids back especially with modern pickups that seem to emphasis mids themselves.
Msybe so . I just remember Trivium and Bullet got my Val. Said they did that

Dammit Dan. Now I have to go drop money.
with all ive spent total on music gear now, not having one of the standards for $1300 seems kind of silly. maybe ill just trade in my 6505+ which im not much into towards one

At least my first impressions are: it is 100% worth the 1300$, and I probably would have paid a little more honestly

I'll have some band practice full volume phone clips tonight, and actual close mic demos this weekend-ish

Back