New Marilyn Manson Track

• Thread starter Thread starter hellzington
  • Start date Start date
not amazing, but also MUCH better than I would have expected from him. I really love Mechanical Animals and quite like the albums around that era. This reminds me of those but also has its own thing going on. His vocal really does sound great here too, its aged a bit but in a way that sound excellent.

I think he's also put a REALLY good live band together behind it right now.

Isn’t the schtick waaaaay over? Decent vocal performance and a snare that actually sounds good. But that’s it. Is it supposed to be scary that he’s in some fake oversized placenta?
Yeah, I'm not impressed at all. If I want to listen to melodramatic whining from a spoiled and narcissistic douche bag, I'll sing to myself.

I like this more than 90% of the garbage they play on the Midco music channels and my local rock station. Neither one of them will play any Manson whatsover.

The Pale Emperor was the first Manson album I had liked in forever. It was interesting and different and totally worked. Whichever producer came up with that concept should be paid royalties.

Anyways, here's Angel with the Scabbed Wings live from the other night. If you don't think this rocks then you need your head examined. Manson appears to be in his best form in decades.

Any certain psychiatrist you could recommend?

Don't know if any of y'all are MM fans, but IMO the new Manson song is great. Probably his best work since The Pale Emperor (which, if you haven't heard it, answered the question "What if Marilyn Manson made a blues album?") He's sober now, I think, and I love the lyrics. This new track is far more reminiscent of his '90s work, calling back to Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and -- dare I say -- Portrait of an American Family. However, the guitars are not buzzing noise factories; rather, this is a smoother more contemporary production. Lots of great parts and the melody is catchy.

I also caught a cell phone video of his live performance at The Fillmore in DC and he looked and sounded like vintage Manson. I guess that's what sobriety does to a guy in his 50s. (I'm only in my early 40s but I should probably take heed...) I think he might be on the cusp of a renaissance. Exciting time to be a Manson fan.

Curious of y'all's thoughts.

I like it. Always dug his voice. Haven’t listened to much mm since dopeshow

i grew up with him & he was always making songs like this but not releasing them.

I actually dug that song. Reminded me of Alice Cooper mixed with Depeche Mode a bit. He definitely looks healthier and seems like more effort.

Back