Guitar wall hangers

• Thread starter Thread starter Lunarhalo
  • Start date Start date
Lunarhalo
Lunarhalo
So I have recently bought a few guitar wall mount hangers and have decided to mount them to a piece of timber that will be fixed into the wall first.

Who has done this with some nice pieces of live edge timber or other nice species of wood, I need to see some inspiration!

Many thanks 🙏🏽

I just mounted the hangers to the wall, but don't plan on having many guitars on the wall.

I have two floor stands that I use for guitars I'm playing; I limited it to two because I'd have too many guitars out at once otherwise. Usually, use only one, then put that guitar up before getting another out.

The ones I have on the wall, though good players, are more for decoration. e.g.,

IMG_0603.JPG

I just mounted the hangers to the wall, but don't plan on having many guitars on the wall.

I have two floor stands that I use for guitars I'm playing; I limited it to two because I'd have too many guitars out at once otherwise. Usually, use only one, then put that guitar up before getting another out.

The ones I have on the wall, though good players, are more for decoration. e.g.,

View attachment 333276
Firstly sick axes! Secondly very practical to have the main players nearby on the floor stands, as it would be tiresome to be getting up and down changing guitars.

I’m the same, I have a few floor stands also but plan on putting the least played guitars up on the wall for decoration/eye candy.

Reactions: rsm
I ruined a pretty nice acoustic by hanging it on the wall...the humidity varies from 70% in summer to 20% in winter around here....so now it is cases with those humidity exchange packs for me...except to my tele and Japanese Ibanez..those dont worry about humidity....lol

I ruined a pretty nice acoustic by hanging it on the wall...the humidity varies from 70% in summer to 20% in winter around here....so now it is cases with those humidity exchange packs for me...except to my tele and Japanese Ibanez..those dont worry about humidity....lol
Yeah I leave the Ovation and my beater Tacoma on the wall but the fancy Gibson stays in the case. I'm in the northeast so I know what you are saying--I run 3 dehumidifiers down there nonstop.

A couple 8’ pieces of pine, stained and back-sanded, are screwed into the wall studs. Using a bunch of Hercules wall hangers. The whole setup is pretty strong.

View attachment 333360

Keep an eye on those Hercules hangers. I had a few break on me right where the tube meets the wood. Luckily, it didn't drop the guitar but I modify them now so that it removes the stress on the tube where it meets the wood before I put a guitar on them. It kind of messes with the way the holder will angle/swivel back and forth but at least it won't break. I don't trust them anymore in their stock configuration.

A couple 8’ pieces of pine, stained and back-sanded, are screwed into the wall studs. Using a bunch of Hercules wall hangers. The whole setup is pretty strong.

View attachment 333360
This is exactly what I had in mind, that looks perfect. Yeah I bought a bunch of the Hercules wall mounts also. P.S love the Hamer’s!

Keep an eye on those Hercules hangers. I had a few break on me right where the tube meets the wood. Luckily, it didn't drop the guitar but I modify them now so that it removes the stress on the tube where it meets the wood before I put a guitar on them. It kind of messes with the way the holder will angle/swivel back and forth but at least it won't break. I don't trust them anymore in their stock configuration.
I remember the thread about that. Had to go check mine at the time. Not Hercules. 👍

I second this. I've had Hercules break as well, didn't drop the guitar off the wall, but still concerning.

This is exactly what I had in mind, that looks perfect. Yeah I bought a bunch of the Hercules wall mounts also. P.S love the Hamer’s!

Mine lasted a couple of years before they started coming apart. If you're curious about how I "fixed" mine, I undid the screw that holds the spring in the back, removed the spring and stacked washers in there to butt up against the metal cup and tightened them down. This way, the pressure of the tightened screw/washers is pushing against the back of the metal cup and spreading out the weight of the guitar across that cup instead of putting it all on that tiny fulcrum point where the metal tube exits the wood mount. If it's going to break, that's where it'll be.

Here is the original thread with pictures of what happened to mine:

Hercules Broke

I've been working on and off on my basement getting it setup as my playground and recently got to thinking that a double decker carousel between the wall of two areas would be cool. Should be able to fit about 24 guitars and only take up around 3.5 sqft on each side. Kind of like this, but guitars turned sideways

1724213894507.jpeg

Back