RaceU4Her…You Were Right All Along

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
PurityS.L.G
PurityS.L.G
I was rocking out to the 20th anniversary of Lamb of Gods Ashes of the Wake (can’t believe it’s already been that long 🤦🏻‍♂️) and the guitar tones are absolutely atrocious. I believe your words were something along the lines of “sounds like they recorded their guitars through the speaker tweeters of a 90’s Ford Contour” 🤣🤣

The album is incredible from start to finish but the guitars are the most cardboard-y dry trash I’ve ever heard. Especially if you listen to their more current efforts, the guitar tones are worlds more heavier and pleasing. It took them awhile to graduate from tone school.

I would normally blame the producer/engineer but their resumes have much better examples of tone. Sounds like he was a yes man at the time.

I hate lamb of god, but I have indeed heard this album

I'll never forget the first time I heard the first track, where it does the stereotypical double note palm mute post hardcore breakdown riff thing

I told my friend (who was a huge fan) that the tone sounded like their girlpants were swishing together

I like the tone… my ears are probably broken though! Mark IV is one of favorite amps

Haha, yeah I’m sure I’m said something along those in my asshole days, but it was warranted. Burn the Priest before they changed their name and the first LoG album sounded ferocious, then Ashes came out which I was super pumped for and it was just wtf?? I haven’t listened to that album in years, I gotta give it a spin again, Omertà and a few other songs are rippers for sure

I still can't get over the fact that Race owns a 2c+ now.....dude used to be the Mark series' arch nemesis

And it’s probably my favorite amp haha. It was the IV though I would bash, and it was cause of this album and the crew of annoying dudes for a while there that would turn every thread into mark iv chat regardless of the topic. Overdriven and thinkpad probably still hate me for some of the terrible things I would say, but I was an asshole then and a very nice person now lol

Yeah I blame that album too for your disdain of that amp and for good reason. It doesn’t even sound remotely like a MKIV IMO, other than the articulation. They did one helluva job portraying that. Chevelle is a prime example of amazing Mark IV tone.

And it’s probably my favorite amp haha. It was the IV though I would bash, and it was cause of this album and the crew of annoying dudes for a while there that would turn every thread into mark iv chat regardless of the topic. Overdriven and thinkpad probably still hate me for some of the terrible things I would say, but I was an asshole then and a very nice person now lol

HCAF circa 2006ish would recommend a mark IV or an AC30+Rat for absolutely anything ever

I like some of the Lamb of God but I hadn't checked the older stuff out.

Guitars are pretty thin here.

I don't think I hate it but is definitely distracting. The mix isn't great either though.

Yeah I blame that album too for your disdain of that amp and for good reason. It doesn’t even sound remotely like a MKIV IMO, other than the articulation. They did one helluva job portraying that. Chevelle is a prime example of amazing Mark IV tone.
Chevelle? The band? Those pop dudes I‘m seeing in my search results?

Chevelle? The band? Those pop dudes I‘m seeing in my search results?
Yeah, the bubblegum pop band.

In fact let’s go a step further into @VESmedic world. How about you give me an impressive list of Mesa MKIV series recordings to reference OTHER than Metallica or Dream Theater. I want at least 5 notable recordings. Go ahead…I’ll wait

In fact let’s go a step further into @VESmedic world. How about you give me an impressive list of Mesa MKIV series recordings to reference OTHER than Metallica or Dream Theater. I want at least 5 notable recordings. Go ahead…I’ll wait
I was just making sure.

I don’t know, are there even other good bands except Metallica?

Therion Symphony Masses album is a mark iv I believe - combined with a jmp1

and that tone is monstrous, and they don't play faggy nu metal lol

I put this album on again today and I just don’t know lol. One minute I’m like the production is god awful, next like like eh it’s ok and has a unique vibe. Some riffs are great while others are just hideous. It did come out when at the height of my metal fandom, I saw these guys I don’t know how many times back then, I got trashed with them a few times, I think I dig it more for the nostalgia than it actually being good. The songs did translate better live

Back