3rd Power Dragon 100 and 4x12 cab

• Thread starter Thread starter CarlF
  • Start date Start date
CarlF
CarlF
Check out the 4x12. Each speaker is in it's own separate triangle compartment, with one being open-back. Theoretically you can go mono, wet/dry, wet/dry/wet within the 4x12 cab.
1725568955114.jpeg

1725568980800.jpeg

1725569013974.jpeg

Cool. I'd surmise 2 of the speakers are of a different impedance than the 3rd one, to achieve a compatible load?

Cool. I'd surmise 2 of the speakers are of a different impedance than the 3rd one, to achieve a compatible load?

Patch-bay Configurations​

Jack #1: 16 ohm mono cab
Jack #2: 8 ohm top two speakers in mono only
Jack #3: 16 ohm top right speaker only
Jack #2 and #3: top speakers 16 ohms each in stereo
Jack #4: 8 ohm bottom two speakers in mono only
Jack #5: 16 ohm bottom right speaker only
Jack #4 and #5: bottom speakers 16 ohms each in stereo
Jack #2 and #4: 8 ohms top two speakers in mono, 8 ohms bottom two speakers in mono
Jack #4, #2 and #3: 8 ohms mono bottom speakers, 16 ohms each top stereo speakers for WDW

NOTE: To run stereo L&R only, you will need two separate amplifiers. Using the 2x 8 ohm jacks on the back of amp one, plug each into jacks #2 and #4. On amp two, again using the 2x 8 ohm jacks, plug each one into jacks #3 and #5. In essence, you’re addressing the separate speaker chambers as if they were individual cabinets.

Patch-bay Configurations​

Jack #1: 16 ohm mono cab
Jack #2: 8 ohm top two speakers in mono only
Jack #3: 16 ohm top right speaker only
Jack #2 and #3: top speakers 16 ohms each in stereo
Jack #4: 8 ohm bottom two speakers in mono only
Jack #5: 16 ohm bottom right speaker only
Jack #4 and #5: bottom speakers 16 ohms each in stereo
Jack #2 and #4: 8 ohms top two speakers in mono, 8 ohms bottom two speakers in mono
Jack #4, #2 and #3: 8 ohms mono bottom speakers, 16 ohms each top stereo speakers for WDW

NOTE: To run stereo L&R only, you will need two separate amplifiers. Using the 2x 8 ohm jacks on the back of amp one, plug each into jacks #2 and #4. On amp two, again using the 2x 8 ohm jacks, plug each one into jacks #3 and #5. In essence, you’re addressing the separate speaker chambers as if they were individual cabinets.
Oopps...I initially thought this was a 3x12 cab, hence the impedance question. Nevermind!

Oopps...I initially thought this was a 3x12 cab, hence the impedance question. Nevermind!
I thought it was a 312 at first as well.
My 212-115 cab I made had to have different impedance speakers so it would add up to 8 ohms total. the 2-12's are 8 ohms wired in series for 16 ohms, the 15" is 16 ohms, then wired those together for 8 ohms total mono. Or I can do stereo at 16 ohms each.

@CarlF With it having separate compartments for each speaker, does that affect the low end? Or does it have the same thump as a regular 412?

Well.....does it sound like you though it would?:unsure::yes::dunno:

@CarlF With it having separate compartments for each speaker, does that affect the low end? Or does it have the same thump as a regular 412?

I spent a while hooking everything up and I’m dead, so I haven’t even played it yet. ha ha
Me personally, I don’t like a lot of bass. My cabinets are always up against the wall, and it’s always too much bass, doesn’t matter what amplifier, it is doesn’t matter what cabinet is. I’m always trying to dial out base. I’ll let you know how it is. Maybe I’ll play it tomorrow. I’m shot.

Well.....does it sound like you thought it would?:unsure::yes::dunno:
Yea! While I haven’t tried the cab yet, I’ve been playing it out of the PRS cab for a week.
It’s a killer amp. The features are different than most and usable.
Obviously I’m not playing VH thru it, but for the stuff I actually can play I love it. It’s like a great high gain Marshall. You can kick the gain down to Plexi mode and of it with pedals.
It’s very organic sounding. It does sort of sound like a guitar in a produced record, like a Friedman, but this cuts real well without fatiguing highs.

very cool. congrats.

Tried multiple times to order this cab, never once received a reply. Then after several months the website said it was discontinued. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty cool. I'd love to see that back taken off.

I'm sure it sounds killer.

Back