Can you guys simplify in-ear monitor plan and yay or nay?

• Thread starter Thread starter romanianreaper
  • Start date Start date
romanianreaper
romanianreaper
I'm going to try to keep this simple in my explanation. I'm in a three piece punk and rock band and am the guitarist and singer. We have discussed doing in ear monitors because a place we play at can sometimes be hard to hears ourselves at.

We are fairly loud. Here are my questions that hopefully can help steer:
- Can three headsets go to one reciever?
- Does everything on stage have to be miked to take advantage of the in ear system idea?
- Are we better off with three floor monitors?
- Do in ears double kind of like earplugs during shows?

Some places we have great sound but one place we play has monitors the size of a thumbnail and the sound guy sometimes doesn't get good sound coming back to us.

Any info is helpful. Wondering if they are even worth it.

I can't think of anything less punk rock than in ear monitors. Do you guys know any Florida-Georgia line?

I can't think of anything less punk rock than in ear monitors. Do you guys know any Florida-Georgia line?
We only do two of their songs. "The trucker made me meet him at Rest Stop 69" and "That Ain't a Belt Buckle".

In ears work well. You even download you mix to your phone and up and down what you need. I always had one in one out. Keeps me “grounded” with room But quite easy to use. Yes depending on the brand they go to one unit. I think we had 4.

We only do two of their songs. "The trucker made me meet him at Rest Stop 69" and "That Ain't a Belt Buckle".
""That Ain't a Belt Buckle" WTH?!?! :LOL:

I take it back you are punk as hell my man, in ears or not.

Yes, they kind of double as earplugs.

I think everybody sharing the same mix would suck but have never tried it.

Back