what did you listen to this summer???

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
I listened to the new Andy Wood record a lot. It’s a good “guitar soloist” album. More melody than wank but still a ton of impressive playing.

Wintersun released an album recently and it’s fucking awesome. The guitars on that album are insane and it has some of the most impressive metal solos I’ve heard in years. Technical but still a lot of feeling, and they were played with unbelievably tight timing.

Funny enough I got on a Load / ReLoad kick like I do every few years or so. The worst songs of those albums are really bad but there’s maybe 10 songs out of the thousand or so songs on that record that are top tier heavy rock tunes and I don’t know if I’ll ever get tired of them.

I found a band called White Reaper. They have a song called Fog Machine I happened to Shazam a few months ago and damn it’s good. That whole album is cool.

Last edited:
Summer is over when I say it's over! Half day, put on the Hair Metal playlist and in the pool!
IMG_8017.jpeg
IMG_8019.png
IMG_8024.jpeg

Winter has just ended here and I barely listened to any music at all

I listen to all sorts of stuff, especially when driving. And I truck on the side. Have Apple Music/iTunes and Sirius.

But mowing my lawn takes roughly 3.5 hours and then I trailer over and mow the inlaws. I have a set of noise cancelling bluetooth headphones.

This summer has been first six VH albums, WASP Live in the Raw, Scorpions World Wide Live, Blackberry Smoke Leave a Scar Live and a shit ton of .38 special.

For me over the Summer it was a lot of Red Clay Strays, Reverend Horton Heat, and Dark Tranquillity - probably the top 3 there.

Revisiting DT’s stuff my opinion hasn’t changed much over the years - my favorite albums of theirs are The Gallery and Damage Done. The Gallery is the best of their early sound and Damage Done the best of their “modern” sound. They’ve put out a lot of albums over the more recent years that don’t do a lot for me.

Also both of my kids have really gotten into 90’s alternative so I’m always hearing Weezer and STP etc

Back