New Music from Jerry Cantrell......New album out in October 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
I heard Vilified when it was dropped. First time for Afterglow and I agree. Sounds like his recent solo stuff. Love Jerry but would really like to hear some of the riffing that set him apart back in the day.

I heard Vilified when it was dropped. First time for Afterglow and I agree. Sounds like his recent solo stuff. Love Jerry but would really like to hear some of the riffing that set him apart back in the day.
Totally agree with that!

Last album was killer. The only thing is last one cost me nearly $30 for cd. Nothing special about the cd either (import,limited edition etc.) Jerry said this new one will be heavy .

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger AIC fan than me, but most of Jerry's solo stuff underwhelms me songwise.
But you can tell by his solo stuff he was the main influence of all the best AIC songs even though his solo stuff is formulaic, it's just how than man writes music.

But you can tell by his solo stuff he was the main influence of all the best AIC songs even though his solo stuff is formulaic, it's just how than man writes music.
I wouldn’t say that. Musically sure. It’s not like Layne played much guitar. Listen to Mad Season or most of the album Dirt. Or listen to anything Jerry has done on his own or any AIC after Layne. It’s just not the same man.

Back