New Impellitteri

• Thread starter Thread starter Metalhex
  • Start date Start date
I think the last Impelliteri album I bought was like 20 years ago. It had an In Flames ripoff on it and that god awful “Punk” song

Sounds awesome to me, I started checking out their more modern stuff around 2015 when the Venom album came out. This still sounds like old school metal in a good way, they don’t sound old and tired either.

Always love the vocalist.. Bob Rock or something? ( Not the producer) I always call him the product of Yngwie and Batio being thrown in a blender. Love his style and he always does those cool neoclassical arpeggio parts. Has a great grasp of where they will have the most impact. Then the Batio shred with that tendonitis inducing alternate picking. He's great.

I love Impelliteri. This wasn't his best tune, but Rob Rock is a good vocalist.

The album with Graham Bonnet from Alcatrazz singing (system X) is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I think Chris Impellitteri has the sickest rhythm riffs and progressions of all the shred guys, but a lot of times his solos are too over the top. This is a pretty cool song, I dig it.

I think this new tune is actually a solid banger. I also agree that he does his own thing especially rythmically. I find him to be a super tight aggressive rythm player that takes no prisoners. Always brings it. This is a total win for me, I'd def go out to one of his live shows. I actually also really like his saturated tone through what i am assuming are those ENGLs? I think it is his right hand pick attack that has a lot to do with it.

I think Chris Impellitteri has the sickest rhythm riffs and progressions of all the shred guys, but a lot of times his solos are too over the top. This is a pretty cool song, I dig it.

Sometimes yes, but it is his trademark now and he is probably one of the few guys who can do the " More is More" and make it work for him.

This is definitely cool in my book. Love the tone and a good metal song.

pretty cool. His rhythm tone is too compressed though. I much preferred the brighter more open sound of his solo…which is likely why most of it was played on the plain strings.

Song is ok but the lyrics are pure cheese. Cool to see Paul Bostaph playing drums here.

Back