No sound on Torpedo Studio / focusrite 6i6 with s/pdif

• Thread starter Thread starter Kingv68
  • Start date Start date
K
Kingv68
Hi everybody,

First question for me here as I am having my first issue with my rig (Torpedo Studio + Focusrite 6i6 first gen). I have been running this for years in s/pdif between both but it has stopped working a few days ago and I am not able to figure out why.

My torpedo out is connected with s/pdif cable to the focusrite in, and the torpedo in is connected to the focusrite out. In this configuration, I have absolutely no sound coming out of the focusrite since a few days. As soon as I disconnect the s/pdif cable from the torpedo in, here comes the sound (the focusrite control software shows me then sound on "s/pdif 1" and "s/pdif 2". However, I am sure that tI had sound in this configuration the past 4/5 years.
I see sound coming in the torpedo (LED display), but I hear no sound from the focusrite. Not even parasite sounds.

I read that this could by a clockwork issue. I have always set both devices on "internal" and "44.1 kHz" for the clock. Changing both devices to s/pdif has no impact.

For information, I am running the ENGL E530 preamp connected to the Torpedo in mono (Analog left input). My s/pdif cables are MONSTER cables, which were already swapped for the same result (included sound coming when Torpedo in is disconnected).

Any idea what could be the issue?

I still could go for jack 6.3 connection but I don't want to give up too fast.

Thanks for the help.

Olivier

Good morning Olivier,

Ross from Two notes here. I hope all is well and thanks for getting in touch. Can I confirm that you have SPDIF cabling between both the In and Out connectors of the Torpedo Studio please? If so, could I ask that you contact our support desk as there are a number of points where issues could be occuring here and we will likely need to run a deep dive on your rig to get to the bottom of this. To contact our support desk please raise a ticket at Support.Two-notes.com.

If you can let me know the number of your support ticket when submitted I can help fast-track this for you.

Thank you!

Hi Ross,

Thank you for the feedback. I just submitted ticket 3424 as requested.
I confirm that both the in and out connectors of the torpedo studio are connected. In this configuration, no sound. If the torpedo in is disconnected, I get the sound back.

Thanks for the help.

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming - I have let our team know now and they should be in touch ASAP.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,

Ross

Back