Musikraft Neck Profiles

• Thread starter Thread starter alan67
  • Start date Start date
alan67
alan67
Has anyone tried the Franky, EVH, or Pro Mod neck profiles Musikraft offers? I assume by Pro Mod they mean similar to the Charvel Pro Mods? I'm looking to order a replacement neck for a build and just don't gel with Warmoth's "standard thin". Any suggestions for other neck suppliers would be appreciated.

I have a couple that I got from auctions, from eBay seller williedewer, for builds. Specs below.
Edit: Ooops forgot. Both the necks below are by Musikraft.

If you're looking for alternative sources for the neck profiles, look into:
Locke Custom Guitars: lockecustomguitars.com
CHS Custom Guitars: CHSCustomGuitars@gmail.com
KnE Custom Guitar Bodies: kneguitars.com/cust_bod.php

Charvel Style Strat
25.5" Scale
Width at the Nut: 1-11/16" = 42.86mm
Width at the Heel: 2-3/16" = 55.56mm, square
Number of Frets: 21
Fret Type: Medium 6105
Finger Board Radius: 9.5" = 241.3mm
Top Inlay: Dots
Side Inlay: Dots
Back Profile: Pro Mod, 0.810 x 0.870
Finger Board Edges: Semi-Rolled
Tuner Hole Size: 10 MM
Truss Rod Style and Location: Dual Acting Adjust @ Heel
Finish: Aged Oil

EVH Franky neck
25.5" Scale
Width at the Nut: 1-11/16" = 42.86mm
Width at the Heel: 2-3/16" = 55.56mm, square
Number of Frets: 21
Fret Type: Medium 6105
Finger Board Radius: 12" = 304.8mm
Top Inlay: Rosewood Dots
Side Inlay: Dots
Back Profile: 0.82 x 0.89, asymmetrical
Tuner Hole Size: 10 MM
Truss Rod Style and Location: Dual Acting Adjust @ Heel
Finish: Thin laquer

Last edited:
Anybody ever try parts from Butala?
I have.
A San dimas body and
A kamikaze body and neck.

I have not ordered from Musikraft but did buy a used neck. Didn’t gel with it.

Butala turn around time is better than Locke. It’s about 10 weeks.
Build quality is just as good as the other two and maybe a little better. Prices are better too I thought.

I highly recommend Butala.

Musikraft has the dimensions and profile images in their faq, if you know what you like that should tell you more than anybody else can.

Also keep in mind that nut / heel width play a role in what the profile ends up being as well. I tend to go with the CS 83 92 and you can definitely feel the difference between say 1.65" and 1 11/16" in the shape of the neck even though it is only 1mm difference in the width. Not huge but noticeable when switching back and forth one after the other.

At this point I've quite a few of their necks here and have never had a problem.

I've got Musikraft stuff, a KNE body and some Butala stuff. I have no reason to order from anyone except Butala anymore. Great stuff, good pricing, the specs I want. He is geared to my tastes.

I haven't tried a Butala neck, but I've got a handful of Musikraft, and two Locke necks. The Locke necks are the nicest parts necks I've tried, but they recently changed ownership so I'm not sure if the fretwork and quality is as good as before. I really like Musikraft's EVH 81-91 profile in both 1 5/8 and 1 11/16 nut width.

I'm definitely going to look into Butala more. Do you guys know if the adjust at the headstock truss rod works with a floyd shelf?

I haven't tried a Butala neck, but I've got a handful of Musikraft, and two Locke necks. The Locke necks are the nicest parts necks I've tried, but they recently changed ownership so I'm not sure if the fretwork and quality is as good as before. I really like Musikraft's EVH 81-91 profile in both 1 5/8 and 1 11/16 nut width.

Locke recently changed ownership?

Would you happen to know when this was? I just ordered a body & neck from them a week ago.

I noticed the website didn't do any changes to it's content presentation for like a year. Then starting a few weeks ago there has been a lot of changes. Currently, the masterhead is still dated 2020.

They have an instagram post from Jan 31st of this year talking about it. They moved LCG to Wyoming and Conner Baldacci was who is taking over it per the post. He's been doing the building since 11/15/23 it said.

Conner is a very good dude. I have some stuff he cut and it is excellent. He responds to DMs on the Locke insta. The neck on the 5150 replica is Locke and is just perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_4208.jpeg
    IMG_4208.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
I have a couple Musikraft necks and prefer them over Warmoth. I have a quartersawn, stainless fret, Charvel neck with the EVH contour on my main gigging guitar that’s great.

I have a couple Musikraft necks and prefer them over Warmoth. I have a quartersawn, stainless fret, Charvel neck with the EVH contour on my main gigging guitar that’s great.
Yeah, I have a Warmoth thin-C and I just don't like how it feels.

I have a Charvel spec Musikraft neck that the skunk strip is pulling out of the neck. Makes me a little nervous about ordering another.
I have been wanting to order a neck to replace it but Scared to pull the trigger.

Back