My guitar center shipping luck ran out today

I’ve got amps from them packed in a 4x12 box with loose bubble wrap !! They suck !!! I can’t believe the higher ups don’t get this corrected!!

A GC packed my '76 Super Twin very well yet UPS managed to crack the shell separating the top from one of the sides at the joint. Called the GC and manager offered to take it back or give me a discount once he saw the pics. I took the discount. The box wasn't badly damaged. My guess it fell on that corner off a conveyor belt or some idiot dropped it on the top right corner. Too heavy to throw.

This is what I purchased from GC:

Fender Super Twin Reverb_000000119573657-00-600x600.png

This is how it arrived:

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

I got a Diezel 4x12 from GC shipped from CA to Chicago store. I fully expected it to be completely damaged but they packed the hell out of it.

It was from the Hollywood store which I’ve had good luck from before. Starting to think it’s a sign the Helios is not for me. First I get scammed in the classifieds, now this. It’s going back first thing tomorrow. I can’t wait to show them how it was packed, fucking laughable. Seriously a damn shame a fine amp like this was trashed by completely retarded packing. Not surprised the foot switch and power cable was also missing.

I never bought from them, but I remember several times when I went for trips to LA I’d go to the Hollywood GC excited to try various cool vintage amps they had at the time just to find each time over half of them not working properly

Last edited:
Ordered a 1960bx from GC about 2 months ago. Showed up pn a pallet, wrapped in bubble wrap. No box, just bubble wrap on a pallet.

Sorry to see that man - that’s appalling from GC. Hugely disappointing and frustrating for you and it’s money back out of their account in refunds. And all for the sake of a few minutes thought and effort on their part. It’s not as though they’d be short of boxes, bubble wrap etc either. So stupid.

Reactions: rsm
Assholes. On another note. Headshell is ok. I would open it up and take a look. That chassis bolt might not be a big deal, although chassis might be bent. No sound- could be a tube. Those amps do not use good support legs on the trannys, at lest they didn't in the initial run. Mine was bent a little. That can be straightened. If it's fixable you might get a huge discount where its worth it.

I never bought from them, but I remember several times when I went for trips to LA I’d go to the Hollywood GC excited to try various cool vintage amps they had the time just to find each time over half of them not working properly
Nothings changed! LOL

Also I was just there a month ago to check out the Friedman plex and low and behold it was hooked up with the wrong impedance 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I’ve got amps from them packed in a 4x12 box with loose bubble wrap !! They suck !!! I can’t believe the higher ups don’t get this corrected!!
Last thing I bought from them used was an Engl Fireball 100. They shipped it FACE DOWN in a box big enough for a 2x12 cabinet with one thin layer of bubble wrap and a few handfuls of paper. And they taped up the power cord with duct tape that I couldn't even remove - I had to throw it in the trash! Amp worked, shockingly, but I took pics and called the store and ripped the Manager a new asshole. Never again.. He said they implemented a "Pack With Pride" program company-wide, and he even was disgusted. I told him "It starts at the top, and YOU'RE the Manager - I'd inspect every package that left my dock, and if it didn't pass that inspection, the offenders would be unemployed".

Last edited:
If I buy product from GC I always have it sent to one near me so I can pick it up in person. I have only ordered two guitars and an amp from them but the methodology came in handy with the amp which was poorly packed and not functioning properly. Got an immediate refund.

Wtf were these idiots thinking shipping a 2k amp like this!? One layer of bubble wrap and two boxes taped together. Literally across the country, Cali to New England. Jesus fucking christ.

Amp is fucked. One chassis screw is hanging out of the bottom and tranny is bent. I can’t believe the headshell is intact. Powers on, no distortion, volume and gain all the way it’s barely like a loud tv.

View attachment 341723
Incompetence, people don't take pride in their work anymore.
I've had FedEx drop off at the street before because they are too lazy to set on Poarch,
UPS is just as bad. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR WORK!

Sounds like Beavis and Butthead packed this amp.

Last edited:
Does GC still have the policy of shipping gear from a non-local to a customer's local GC if the customer requests to try out the non-local gear?

I did this with a couple of guitars years ago & it cost me $20 to cover shipping for each guitar.

Musicians friend sent a brand new jvm410 to me out of box packed like that.. I didn't keep just for the fact that they shipped me return amp but it was in a box with nothing..

Attachments

• PXL_20240621_010807192.jpg
    PXL_20240621_010807192.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20

Back