Tone Talk - Mick Mars and Chris Collier Interview Ep. 158

I wonder if friedmans next amp is going to be a signature mick mars Jose modded marshall thing. Sounds like Pete Thorn said that Dave had one of the amps used on an amp switcher going back and forth..

He's implied repeatedly that he's doing a clone of the Jose Mars sold Fortus... he even made reference to it in the video above.

He's implied repeatedly that he's doing a clone of the Jose Mars sold Fortus... he even made reference to it in the video above.
yeah Dave loves to throw a shoe on tonetalk and then not talk about it hahaha ... certainly gets a buzz going. I think Dave was slightly taken back when Mick said the one he sold Fortus was NOT the Dr Feelgood amp because from what Dave has said in the past he was planning on calling the amp he makes based on it the "Dr Feelgood" haha

yeah Dave loves to throw a shoe on tonetalk and then not talk about it hahaha ... certainly gets a buzz going. I think Dave was slightly taken back when Mick said the one he sold Fortus was NOT the Dr Feelgood amp because from what Dave has said in the past he was planning on calling the amp he makes based on it the "Dr Feelgood" haha

Yeah that was probably the biggest "Oh really?" from the whole vid lol I actually have an SLP reissue here that Dave did that mod on and while the tone is right it definitely has less gain than I was expecting. Makes me wonder if the other amp just has the diode clipping option with the same circuit.

Also given Mick was trying to get things straight when talking about them who really knows. Hell I have problems getting things from the 90s straight and I'm only in my 50s lol

can honestly say i’ve never been a crue aficionado, but this interview inspired me to check out some YT vids with John C on vocs and MM’s solo stuff. gotta say his guitar tone is great!

i forget if i’ve shared my personal motley crue story here before but it’s pretty classic.

can honestly say i’ve never been a crue aficionado, but this interview inspired me to check out some YT vids with John C on vocs and MM’s solo stuff. gotta say his guitar tone is great!

i forget if i’ve shared my personal motley crue story here before but it’s pretty classic.
The Crue/Corabi album was the best thing they ever did. Almost like it was another band completely because in all actuality it really was.

Yeah that was probably the biggest "Oh really?" from the whole vid lol I actually have an SLP reissue here that Dave did that mod on and while the tone is right it definitely has less gain than I was expecting. Makes me wonder if the other amp just has the diode clipping option with the same circuit.

Also given Mick was trying to get things straight when talking about them who really knows. Hell I have problems getting things from the 90s straight and I'm only in my 50s lol
I swear, any time I talk about the 90's, I feel as if it were just a couple months ago?

The Crue/Corabi album was the best thing they ever did. Almost like it was another band completely because in all actuality it really was.

Absolutely!

Crüe with Corabi was their very best, in my opinion.
I still listen to that cd👍

Back