Sitting on tons of 12ax7

J
just42dave
So back in the Brad era 2007 and up 12ax7 were the rage and some of us started collecting.
I know Psycho Dave did for sure.
I have accumulated tons of Ei and square getter as well as Tungsram among others. Is there a market anymore? I'm sure like others I went completely overboard and the good ones last forever now I have a surplus .Just thinking out loud.

IDK, you might get more out of them now if you do want to sell.
I got a bunch of the sqaure beijing type from Nesstone a few years ago. Right before all the madness started with covid and wars.
I also scored a bunch of the old mesa 420 coke-bottle 6L6 for cheap. They are one of the best tubes for rectifiers.

I wish I kept every EI I had, even the microphonic ones..
I once sold a Rockmaster Preamp full of EI's and it killed..
I bet that fucker kept them and sold it with Sovteks.. LOL

Until the war is over and tubes made in 3rd world nations become more available I’d hold onto them before calling them a surplus.
Ok I trust your opinion.. I don't know why they became such an obsession. There was a George Lynch vid on You Tube when he was trying out 12ax7 in modules and he said something about using Ei and everyone went bananas lol.

I wish I kept every EI I had, even the microphonic ones..
I once sold a Rockmaster Preamp full of EI's and it killed..
I bet that fucker kept them and sold it with Sovteks.. LOL
Right.. I just bought a Triumph 120 pag combo and it had 4 Sylvania 6l6gc in that baby..IDK what's in the pres.

IDK, you might get more out of them now if you do want to sell.
I got a bunch of the sqaure beijing type from Nesstone a few years ago. Right before all the madness started with covid and wars.
I also scored a bunch of the old mesa 420 coke-bottle 6L6 for cheap. They are one of the best tubes for rectifiers.
I love square getters💩

I might hit you up about Tungsrams, I am down to just a couple that I use in my 2204 and I’d at the very least like a backup pair.

Hold onto them. They will keep going up in value. As you know, I have a ton of tubes...and I've sold 100"s.

Back