Anyone playing the Jackson PC-1's?

cragginshrd
cragginshrd
I owned 2 years ago and got swayed by another brand and sold them like a dummy. I listen back to this combo I posted and am thinking I need another!
Two annoying aspects of an otherwise killer guitar is the sustainer and all the extra knobs and No dots or inlays on the fretboard. No problem in good lighting but if you play live you can get lost fast.
Oh yeah and the new price tag sucks even used they are selling for 3 to 3.5k which is about 1k more than I sold mine for 3 years ago

A guy I know has one. If I recall correctly it has a pretty big neck as well. Nice guitar though!

The neck is a full size not huge like a 58 LP. I was just reading the thread here from 2022 and so many comments about the neck. I have small hands and found it very comfortable actually. Only large is your used to a super thin wizard type neck to me

The only thing I liked about the PC-1 was the amazing neck. I don't have large hands either, but it felt perfect.

Cons: No fret markers, but I guess you can get those dot stickers.

The price tag on this guitar now, RIDICULOUS! Phil has those FU Tone titanium parts on his. So why didn't Jackson do the same with regular production PC-1s?

Gold hardware not for me.

Sustainer can be faulty or sound bad if not setup properly.

Stock Dimarzio's are not so good.

IMHO

Maybe Chubtone could make a more affordable copy.

I had one about 10 years ago. I wish I had held on to it. It was a great guitar. And yes, the new pricing is insane.

I wish more guitars came without marker inlays, tbh.🤷‍♀️
Depending on the overall look of the guitar, I agree. I’ve never had trouble seeing the side dots at a glance, although I can imagine in certain lighting conditions it could be harder, especially if it’s black dots on maple as opposed to white on ebony or something.

Yeah, I have one of these, I got it back in 2016 or so. Just love the neck shape, and I think the Super III is nice and not nearly as dark as Dimarzio and others describe it.

Only downside is that this is one heavy strat with all that mahogany and maple, but it´s not too bad.

Depending on the overall look of the guitar, I agree. I’ve never had trouble seeing the side dots at a glance, although I can imagine in certain lighting conditions it could be harder, especially if it’s black dots on maple as opposed to white on ebony or something.
Agreed in general, My issue was an outside gig with poor lighting

Back