Vertical 2x12 Users: Top Speaker Choice

• Thread starter Thread starter Junk Yard Dog
  • Start date Start date
J
Junk Yard Dog
Just curious what speaker you like, and why, in the top position since its a bit more pointed at you.

Thx.

I don’t mix speakers. I don’t want to hear a different speaker than what the mic/audience hears.

Big magnet on the bottom, V30, Redback, etc and something more greenback-ish on top. G12-65, 65 creamback or best choice Scumbacks. J or H.
Yup. Gonna have the V30 bottom, well broken in. Was thinking CB H75 on top, or maybe the M65 to soften the highs a bit.

playing. GZ Hellion and Splawn Comp, blues to hard rock/chuggy stuff.

My 2061CX has a UK Greenback on top and a Weber 50w Silver Bell on bottom. Probably my favorite cab.

My only cab right now is a Mesa Vertical 2x12 (Mesa V30s) that I drag out for gigs. It sounds like god with the Multi-Watt recto on top and some volume. It’s never too grating.

Honorable mention to the Orange 2x12 (Chinese V30s), which sounds huge and doesn’t have a speaker pointed at you, but it can be dark from a player’s perspective.

I had a Mojotone angled 2x12 previously with G12-T75s and it was too bright when cranked.

I got the Mesa Vertical 2x12 as well, but I swapped the top V30 out for a G12-65 Heritage, to soften the highs.

Another great combo would be the V30 with an old (serifed font label, vented or non-vented) T75 on top. Which basically is a G12-65 with a different former material. Only the later T75's (say from '88 onward...rough guess) were the fizzy and scooped, muddy hot mess. But those older ones sound glorious.

I got the Mesa Vertical 2x12 as well, but I swapped the top V30 out for a G12-65 Heritage, to soften the highs.

Another great combo would be the V30 with an old (serifed font label, vented or non-vented) T75 on top. Which basically is a G12-65 with a different former material. Only the later T75's (say from '88 onward...rough guess) were the fizzy and scooped, muddy hot mess. But those older ones sound glorious

My only cab right now is a Mesa Vertical 2x12 (Mesa V30s) that I drag out for gigs. It sounds like god with the Multi-Watt recto on top and some volume. It’s never too grating.

Honorable mention to the Orange 2x12 (Chinese V30s), which sounds huge and doesn’t have a speaker pointed at you, but it can be dark from a player’s perspective.

I had a Mojotone angled 2x12 previously with G12-T75s and it was too bright when cranked.
My 2061CX has a UK Greenback on top and a Weber 50w Silver Bell on bottom. Probably my favorite cab.
Thank y’all for sharing. I am looking at a well broken V30 on bottom and Cream 65, 75, or Scum BM75-LDC on top.

Back