Über Ultra vs Ecstasy Pandora

Influenza

Does anyone own both amps?
I was able to play the Pandora for one or two minutes and found it to be pretty capable of modern high gain tones while still being an Ecstasy, depening on the switches.
I know and own the Über Ultra.
Does the Pandora thrash? Is it a good idea to own both?

I have both. 6L6 ultra and an EL34 Pandora. If I could keep only one it would be the Ultra. The Ultra is the most amazing amp of my last 30 years of buying and trying. I don't play hardcore metal stuff. The Pandora is very cool and can get pretty mean but the Ultra is a different animal.

I am also interested in a comparison of the Pandora to the 20th XTC which I have. I wonder if the Pandora can get more modern, tighter ....
I am pretty happy with the 20th, but it is not my choice for bone dry crunch or fast Metal riffing. Let's leave out the ÜU as it is obviously, designed to do the Metal stuff ...
Sometimes, you read, the XTC can come into 5150 territory. I don't agree for the 20th. If the Pandora can, it would be great.

Have a look at my Pandora video, near the end I do some metal riffs.
If you dial it in correctly and use a guitar with tight(ish) pickups it can definitely be used for all kinds of metal

It does sound great but doesn't come close, in my opinion to the sheer brutality of the Ultra. The amount of gain/saturation and options is kind of unmatched to me. Just wish it wasn't so damn noisy.

Idk if you had one going but I'm sure with a boost the Pandora can get a lot more juice.

That sounds good but it sounds like an XTC to me, not like an Uber. And I say that as someone that's had an XTC Classic for over 20 years and love it. I have certainly used it for thrash type stuff over the years too. But an Uber is a different thing again.

It does sound great but doesn't come close, in my opinion to the sheer brutality of the Ultra. The amount of gain/saturation and options is kind of unmatched to me. Just wish it wasn't so damn noisy.

Idk if you had one going but I'm sure with a boost the Pandora can get a lot more juice.

Totally agree, the uber ultra is just way more suited for metal in general, I also had one.

In my opinion the Pandora hits a good balance between classic sounds in the first two channels, and modern high gain (if dialed in properly) on the third channel. Makes it a pretty versatile package all together.

If you want an absolute gain monster which has a lot of options/range within that bracket, the UU is the way to go.
But to be honest, I also find the clean and crunch sounds you can get out of the UU pretty sweet.

In the clip of the Pandora i'm not running any boosts by the way, only a noise gate on 3 and some delay and verb on 1 and 2.

Great amps!

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-26 at 21.27.52.jpeg

Totally agree, the uber ultra is just way more suited for metal in general, I also had one.

In my opinion the Pandora hits a good balance between classic sounds in the first two channels, and modern high gain (if dialed in properly) on the third channel. Makes it a pretty versatile package all together.

If you want an absolute gain monster which has a lot of options/range within that bracket, the UU is the way to go.
But to be honest, I also find the clean and crunch sounds you can get out of the UU pretty sweet.

In the clip of the Pandora i'm not running any boosts by the way, only a noise gate on 3 and some delay and verb on 1 and 2.

Great amps!

View attachment 326811
Yep, bogner makes one hell of an amp no matter what model suits you. I was also surprised by the cleans on the UU

Back