• Thank you for your service

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Dude. Stop.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rock out with your cock out

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • You do you, homie !

• Do you know the difference between a vitamin and a hormone ? You can't make a Vita "min"

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Boosted 65Hz by 4 dB to get that low frequency "thump" Nuno's tone has.

Did you get the voltages up? It should tighten up a bit with higher voltages.

Also you might want to us the 10uf filter caps in the pre instead of the 16uf. Those make a massive difference in flub.

Lastly marshall 1960AV cab tightens the beast.

Did you get the voltages up? It should tighten up a bit with higher voltages.

Also you might want to us the 10uf filter caps in the pre instead of the 16uf. Those make a massive difference in flub.

Lastly marshall 1960AV cab tightens the beast.
I used the voltager double circuit and stayed with the Antek toroidal transformer.. so yes, the B+ is correct now.

I'll try changing the caps - I think I may have those values on hand already.

Using IRs for the speakers/mics. I run the amp into a reactive load box, then line-out into my audio interface. That's why I was asking previously about speakers, so I could use the "correct" impulse responses for the SLO.

Thanks again !
(y)

Last edited:
I used the voltager double circuit and stayed with the Antek toroidal transformer.. so yes, the B+ is correct now.

I'll try changing the caps - I think I may have those values on hand already.

Using IRs for the speakers/mics. I run the amp into a reactive load box, then line-out into my audio interface. That's why I was asking previously about speakers, so I could use the "correct" impulse responses for the SLO.

Thanks again !
(y)

It's really the combo of those speakers, and cab that made it work for me. The bass/flub can be substantially different in different cabs.

It's really the combo of those speakers, and cab that made it work for me. The bass/flub can be substantially different in different cabs.
In my experience the best and ONLY cab for a SLO head is the original front loaded Soldano cab with those SHIT OEM Eminence speakers.

It sounds less fuzzy, not as tubby and smooths the high end sizzle down. Mike tuned the SLO circuit using these and some old Jensens.

I found the SLO through other cabs........to sounds like a fuzz box.

I've never tried IRs with it so I have no opinion on those.

BTW: any OTHER amp though a Soldano cab with the original Eminence speakers sounds like muffled and lifeless SHIT.

In my experience the best and ONLY cab for a SLO head is the original front loaded Soldano cab with those SHIT OEM Eminence speakers.

It sounds less fuzzy, not as tubby and smooths the high end sizzle down. Mike tuned the SLO circuit using these and some old Jensens.

I found the SLO through other cabs........to sounds like a fuzz box.

I've never tried IRs with it so I have no opinion on those.

BTW: any OTHER amp though a Soldano cab with the original Eminence speakers sounds like muffled and lifeless SHIT.
Specifically, which model Eminence and Jensens tho' ?

:unsure:

Back