1973 Marshall 4x12 cab / EVH 1978 tour used - Pulsonic speakers SOLD

RedPlated

I've been letting some gear go lately in efforts of making more room and just generally trying to reduce the amount of gear I have. All my extra cabinets are the first to go as they take up the most room. I sold two cabs last week and now this one is up for grabs.

This cabinet is absolutely amazing. Sounds incredible, has 4 grey back Pulsonic 25w greenbacks with their original cones, and most of all the story behind it is truly intriguing.

I'm linking the original thread I made when I acquired this cabinet as there is a ton of detail as to the origin and facts surrounding its usage by EVH. Original Pulsonic coned speakers are selling for over $2k alone these days.

I'm letting this go for $SOLD. I think it's a very fair price given the fact a regular 73 cab with super clean Pulsonics can be near that alone. Not including the history behind this specific cab. As stated in the original thread, I don't have a COA or other written provenance, but the case for its history is very strong. It was sourced in Pasadena, CA, and was obtained from the same guy that an actual EVH signed Marshall came from, among other things. That info is all in the thread.

Local pickup only. I won't ship it, but if someone wants to have it picked up and shipped by someone else, that's always an option.

The cab works great, sounds very 3D. There are apparently around 10 of these from the 78' tour in existence. Apparently the others are all in private collections.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/new-legendary-4x12-cab-day-vintage-evh-content.278729/

tempImageLtwdC7.jpg

tempImage9xmt3Z.jpg

tempImage1iKjp2.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageTOKSWv.jpg
    tempImageTOKSWv.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back