1990 Tom Anderson Pro Am - Bowling Ball

• Thread starter Thread starter memberzonly
  • Start date Start date
memberzonly
memberzonly
Currently has an H2 in the bridge but will come with original pickup as well. Comes with hardshell case.

$3500 CONUS. No trades.

From previous owner:

This is an early original headstock Anderson Pro Am that was heavily used by a touring musician. At the time of my purchase, Tom recalled it was made for the guitarist for the Air Force band. The message on the neck heel is consistent with that. The old wood and high usage contributes to its tone and sustain, this guitar rings out. When I purchased it, the frets were too low to recrown and there was much wear. It received a factory refinish in white and black bowling ball. The neck was sent to Mike Lipe who did a beautiful job refretting and reconditioning the it. The hardware was changed to black to complete the transformation. There is some oxidation on the pickups and trem studs that does not affect performance. The early Andersons play amazing and put the company on the map for good reason. This guitar plays perfectly with low action and stays in tune. The electronics are original and work perfectly. It has that 80's rock sound. The tremolo cover and screws are included as well as the trem bar. Please see the pictures for detailed condition. The holes for the old tuners are unfilled. The auto latch syetem to change between fixed and floating that would go in the trem cavity is not available.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    744.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    551.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    553.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Anderson Guitarworks 2024-05-29 10-56-48.png
    Anderson Guitarworks 2024-05-29 10-56-48.png
    705.9 KB · Views: 123
Currently has an H2 in the bridge but will come with original pickup as well. Comes with hardshell case.

$3500 CONUS. No trades.

From previous owner:

This is an early original headstock Anderson Pro Am that was heavily used by a touring musician. At the time of my purchase, Tom recalled it was made for the guitarist for the Air Force band. The message on the neck heel is consistent with that. The old wood and high usage contributes to its tone and sustain, this guitar rings out. When I purchased it, the frets were too low to recrown and there was much wear. It received a factory refinish in white and black bowling ball. The neck was sent to Mike Lipe who did a beautiful job refretting and reconditioning the it. The hardware was changed to black to complete the transformation. There is some oxidation on the pickups and trem studs that does not affect performance. The early Andersons play amazing and put the company on the map for good reason. This guitar plays perfectly with low action and stays in tune. The electronics are original and work perfectly. It has that 80's rock sound. The tremolo cover and screws are included as well as the trem bar. Please see the pictures for detailed condition. The holes for the old tuners are unfilled. The auto latch syetem to change between fixed and floating that would go in the trem cavity is not available.
One of the best made, playing and sounding guitars around.

Attachments

• IMG_7444.jpeg
    IMG_7444.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 59
Thought this was a listing for a literal bowling ball. I'm disappointed.

My buddy has a newer bowling ball Pro Am. It plays and sounds great. I wouldn't hesitate to snag it if he decided to sell. It's fantastic. I'm sure this one is, too. Get your AJFA era Kirk Hammet (arguably his best!) on with this beast.

Back