2 new pickups from billLawrence coming :D

• Thread starter Thread starter MitchSchaft
  • Start date Start date
M
MitchSchaft
Found out they made a special run of 500XL's in 7 STRING! They're $62 apiece and I'm ordering 2. Becky said they have quite a few.

I had the L500xl/500r combo in an Ibanez and thought it was a great sounding rock and metal machine. Great pickups, bargain prices.

They arrived today in the mail! The housing is the exact same size as the 6 string, but the magnets rails are longer and are raised above the housing. It's weird. I'll get around to installing them in a couple/few weeks.

Check it out. I have no clue why, but they built one of them with a chrome housing instead of black.

Attachments

• DSC02674 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02674 (Medium).JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 3,026
  • DSC02673 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02673 (Medium).JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 3,039
Now that I think about it, I don't know what they were thinking when they made it in the 6-string-sized housing. They even included the pickup rings. They wouldn't fit on a 7-stringer :D. Not to mention you can't put them in the 7-string ring because it's not long enough.

Fuck, I just realized installing these will not be fun and maybe not even possible!

yeah the consensus on SS.org has been "wtf were they thinking? it's a fucking hack job"

Oh this is horrible. I guess I'll call 'em and send 'em back. Fuckin' assholes. I've lost confidence in these douche bags.
What the fuck were they thinking?

Ok, I sent Becky an email and she replied within an hour (which tells me they're not too busy to check emails, they simply ignore them then lie to us saying they're too busy :P).

Hi Mitch. It's an L-500 with the seven string spacing ( the 7 string
blades are 2.50"versus 2.20" for the six string). If you can't mount it
into a guitar, with or without the rings, then just return them back to
me, and I'll reimburse you.

Here's a couple of the threads about it on the WildeGate with a
soundclip-

http://p082.ezboard.com/fguitarsbyfenderfrm29.showMessage?topicID=25.topic

http://p082.ezboard.com/fguitarsbyfenderfrm8.showMessage?topicID=2197.topic

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely,

Becky

I'm sending 'em back.
They're telling everyone you can install them in a 7-string with the ring they included. It's a 6-string ring! I honestly don't believe they even have a 7-string guitar at their shop.
These guys are getting senile in their old age.

This nocaster fellow has always been a douche:

> "I don't have the skill to route out my guitar, and I'm not gonna spend the money to have someone else do it. I'm sure it woulda sounded awesome, but oh well. If they come out with a normal sized 7 down the road, I'll give it another shot."

The shallow depth of some makers’ pickup routs is the problem, not Bill's pickups. You don't read about guys having rout depth problems when installing into the likes of Gibson, Fender, Warmoth, USACG, etc.

That guy he quotes didn't say anything about a shallow issue. Then he states this requires a custom pickup ring to fit.
I guess they think we're all idiots.

Another insults:

Mitch,

Just return them and I'll immediately reimburse you.

If someone is building a guitar and can route the instrument around our pickup,
or can find a way to install it, then it should be fine.

Thanks,

Becky

I guess I can use bondo to create "wood" in the pickup cavity to put the screws in :P. One guy said he broke the screw holes on the pickup trying to stretch the screw over to it.

This is the year for scams, apparently. Atleast these guys are refunding me (supposedly).

I forgot to mention that the regular, black pickups are supposed to be $56. The "special" chrome housing is $62. I never asked for a chrome pickup and they charged me $62 each anyway.
I didn't find that out 'til today.

Back