24 Hours with Tonex One

ewill52

Had a few extra MF points about to expire, thought this would be a fun toy to add to the board. Great JIC direct option if an amp lays down, can use it for an extra pedal slot, small footprint, and sounds great!

However....the software for editing and the librarian are 100% absolute dog shit awful. I've never worked on a platform that was less friendly, less intuitive, and more problematic. Complete. GARBAGE.

Anyone else playing with Tonex? pointers\tips? Who do you like as far as vendors selling captures?

Any specific help you need? I'd be glad to help.

For paid captures, I recommend checking the partner section inside the Tonex app as you can try them before you buy.

Are you only using the One as the guitar input or are you also using your interface into the software?

I have been playing with the free ToneX software the last few days and I have been pretty impressed. I like the snappy feel it has compared to other modelers I have. I am considering buying one of the pedals.

I haven't had an issue with the software. I think the idea is you set everything up on the computer, and only use the pedal to dump the sound into. You dont really 'edit' the pedal. The software seems OK to me. It is pretty limited, so there is not much to mess with.

Last night I was going through and demoing some of the paid collections, like the Mesa Boogie collection, and I thought it sounded good. I could see buying that.

I just wish you could merge 2 profiles, such as taking an OD profile and putting it in front of an amp profile.

I have the big tonex so I'm assuming the software is the same. You're right the UX is horrible, mostly when you are using it to configure the pedal. I use it mostly in my DAW.

Best bet is to hop on yt to see the best workflow. The confusing thing for me is that you need to make separate presets for the pedal.

Regarding tones most good ones for tracking are user-submitted on ToneNet used with your own IRs. For live playing the ones with the cab sims built in tend to sound better in real life but worse in the headphones. So when testing grab a bunch of both to put on the pedal because they may surprise you.

I had one. Good sound but good god that software was a fucking shit show. I ended up selling it for that reason alone and I'm typically not too worried about software. This is a cool pedal though especially to duplicate pedals

I had one. Good sound but good god that software was a fucking shit show. I ended up selling it for that reason alone and I'm typically not too worried about software. This is a cool pedal though especially to duplicate pedals
bought a couple of captures just to see how they compare to the tonenet stuff, and added a great sounding Klon. Stuck it on the board last night and used the Klon all night into the 2nd channel of my Synergy bassman module, sounded great!

Yeah I tried some boost captures and was really happy. Modelers in my opinion struggle with certain pedals like fuzzes, rats, etc but this nailed them.

Had a few extra MF points about to expire, thought this would be a fun toy to add to the board. Great JIC direct option if an amp lays down, can use it for an extra pedal slot, small footprint, and sounds great!

However....the software for editing and the librarian are 100% absolute dog shit awful. I've never worked on a platform that was less friendly, less intuitive, and more problematic. Complete. GARBAGE.

Anyone else playing with Tonex? pointers\tips? Who do you like as far as vendors selling captures?
That’s my take on the big tone x pedal. The hardware in itself was very good. The software and licensing model was developed by people without morals

To bring into question the overall morality of a developmental team, is a dubious accusation at best. In any case, can you please make me a fat sounding Strat neck pickup?
Patience grasshopper
IMG_5856.jpeg

Back