80s Kramer Pacers (USA) - any good?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scott Ians Beard
  • Start date Start date
Scott Ians Beard
Scott Ians Beard
Anyone have or play one of these? Theyre generally considered to be good, right? I may have the opportunity to get a good deal on one of these. I really dig the looks/style and the specs are perfect for me, but i wont get to play it.

I dont have a serial or anything, but it has a "pointy" headstock, and it is a model with a scratchplate.

Any further info/opinions much appreciated!

Steve

It looks similar to this:

ff_1.JPG

And it apparently from 1984 - not sure is the case or not!

If you give them a good setup first, they play great! Im sure you will like it!

i think in the late 80s QC went downhill as they relied on a Japanese manufacturer to make the guitars - ESP!!!! You should be able to tell based on the serial number whether it was a MADE in USA or just a USA...

The US ones are really nice. I have an 86 Pacer that I bought new, and still own!

i got a '84 Baretta...i love it. it's not set up right now (re-pup in progress) but i can't wait to get it up and runnin'. i also got a '84 Striker 100ST...i like this one as well. i think they're awesome guitars if you can get a hold of the older ones.

Hell yes. 84 Kramer Pacer Special, plays fantastic even though it was riffy (Gary)'s #1 guitar for more than 20 years.

krambody.jpg

Back