A Lil Bogner XTC Shred Vid (For Speed Racer Fans)

• Thread starter Thread starter Crunchity
  • Start date Start date
Crunchity
Crunchity
I'm thinking this will mostly be of interest for older guys like myself, but I thought I'd share this new vid of my little tribute to a childhood fav cartoon.

Hope everyone likes it that remembers Speed Racer - I tried to slip into the video a few touches from the series (I turned my trusty US Pro-Mod into the Mach 5 for the solo lol).

Another killer video. :rock:

(,"Turning Japanese" is my all time fav of yours.)

Damn that was killer. Loved your pup making an appearance :rock: :D

Man, how does your channel not have more visibility? YouTube is a weird place.

Crunchity":1pqxd32q said:
I'm thinking this will mostly be of interest for older guys like myself, but I thought I'd share this new vid of my little tribute to a childhood fav cartoon.

Hope everyone likes it that remembers Speed Racer - I tried to slip into the video a few touches from the series (I turned my trusty US Pro-Mod into the Mach 5 for the solo lol).

Freaking BRILLIANT. . Thanks for posting. . Loved every bit of it

Eric

Wow...awesome, there are other Speed Racer fans here!!

Thanks for the great comment as usual, John! Cool to even think someone would have a fav of mine, makes my morning. :)

Thanks MrD.Town! It was pretty lucky actually - I mean her timing couldn't have been better, it looks like she's helping me hit the throttle during that little "faux car race" lol and I nearly started laughing but held it together because I knew the take would add something interesting.

Thank you a0adio0, super generous of you to say - I have to admit I don't really pimp myself much with my guitar vids...I mean, hell, I don't even do the cliche "hey, click here to subscribe if you like..." I really just play for me so it's never been a big deal.

Thanks EricB, thanks for checking it out and the killer words!!!

Fantastic!!!!!

Thx for sharing! Beautiful guitars as well!!!

:rock:

Speed Racer was such a favorite of mine growing up. Loved the video!

PBGas":2mfzs27f said:
Fantastic!!!!!

Thx for sharing! Beautiful guitars as well!!!

:rock:
Thanks PBGas! I think I used all but one of my guitars on this.

Rdodson":2mfzs27f said:
Speed Racer was such a favorite of mine growing up. Loved the video!
Thanks RD! Me too, I even pop them in sometimes and watch these days for a feel good vibe that takes me back - but my gf spotted my new Blu Ray set of the series (it looks GREAT in HD for what it is) and asked if I was one of "those older weird dudes that watch cartoons, anime, etc"...I told her I was just studying the music for ideas and reference lol (shhhh ;)).

JerEvil":2mfzs27f said:
Dude that was awesome!
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

I almost forgot where I posted this, shoulda included some gear info...but FWIW, the guitars shown are actually what was used (basically the Suhr for the main melodies, the others for harmonies, solo, car race, "etc" parts). They went into a Koko Boost into the Bogner (the SLO did get used for the light crunch rhythm during the chorus) and the cab/spkr mic'd was an old Greenback G12M25. Thanks again gents!!

Bravo!

Speed Racer, Kimba the white lion, and Ultraman were the holy trinity shows for me as a kid...

Econ":19tz0ye7 said:
Great playing!
itsme":19tz0ye7 said:
Bravo!

Speed Racer, Kimba the white lion, and Ultraman were the holy trinity shows for me as a kid...
Thanks brothers, I'm humbled by all the positive comments!

Back