Adios Pau Ferro... Reacting to the new Fender Player II Series

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
These look great for the money and good riddance to Pau Ferro

Reactions: rsm
nice; again the Jaguar model isn't classic spec, but at least they have one and offer more than 2 colors. I have a Player Strat, Alpine/snow white with maple board which is great, and a Jaguar Vintera in Ocean Turquoise, replacing the pickguard with a white one; I have it, just haven't swapped them yet.

I like 60s - 70s spec Jags; the Vintera II with the maple fretboard would be great, but the colors are limited and not to my liking. I had a Marr Jag which was great, and versatile...decided I didn't need it, the basic classic spec Jag works great for me.

Good riddance. Pau Ferro always looked like washed out streaky ghetto rosewood to me. Glad they’re moving away from it.

Now if only they’d stop painting them in those weird B-side colors. No olympic white, no lake placid blue, no charcoal, no inca silver, no ice blue metallic, no sonic blue, no candy apple red, can’t get a black one with a rosewood fretboard, etc.

Come on, Fender.

Last edited:
I have 2 Warmoths with Pau Ferro necks/boards..love them.

Some people love the wild grained sun bleached Kiesel-type look. I can’t do it.

Different opinions make the world go round. But man I’m glad Fender is dropping that wood.

Back