amp head shelves for your guitar room?

• Thread starter Thread starter BackCrack
  • Start date Start date
BackCrack
BackCrack
You guys that have a number of heads in your guitar room, what do you like to use for a shelf unit to stack them up? I've got about a half dozen or so heads laying around. I need to get the room organized.

Last edited:
Bookshelves have worked well for me.

Just measure the height, depth, and width that you need to allow for airflow, easy removal, etc. With those dimensions in mind, just look around at what is available. I found a nice, sturdy, hardwood bookcase that worked for my needs, at one of those "unfinished wood / furniture" stores, which was good for me, because I was able to stain it to match other things in the room. My wife always says that I "go to far" with my ideas, but she has no idea that I also added two, 2" L-brackets on the rear to prevent any accidental rocking / tipping. She will probably never know about the screws in the hardwood floor, until we retire and move out of this house.

I previously used "industrial" metal shelving units, which were fine for me, but she eventually complained. I decided to pick my battles, since she does not complain about anything else, just "her" house, that I pay the mortgage on. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Billy bookcases from IKEA. All I use. I have these in black and all my Marshalls are in white ones. The white ones are $40 or $50. Cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpeg
    IMG_1545.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1566.jpeg
    IMG_1566.jpeg
    981.5 KB · Views: 471
Billy bookcases from IKEA. All I use. I have these in black and all my Marshalls are in white ones. The white ones are $40 or $50. Cheap.

Those look really good. How stable do those individual shelves feel with the amps in there?

They’re very stable. Been using these for years and never had an issue.
This helps a ton. In the process of rebuilding my music room and this saves me the hassle of buying sheets of ply and building my own.

Picked up a wire shelf from home depot. Had them cut out 30” boards to save the feet worked out great. So for no dipping

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
Picked up a wire shelf from home depot. Had them cut out 30” boards to save the feet worked out great. So for no dipping
What are the details on that sweet cab?

Used to have one just like that with scumback BM75’s in it

What are the details on that sweet cab?

Used to have one just like that with scumback BM75’s in it
Thanks man.

This is my best sounding cab. Bought it as a used stock Marshall HW with Celestion h30 speakers . I didnt jell with the h30’s so I gutted it and put in regular Celestion G12m greenbacks.

How did you like the scumback BM 75‘s ?

Thanks man.

This is my best sounding cab. Bought it as a used stock Marshall HW with Celestion h30 speakers . I didnt jell with the h30’s so I gutted it and put in regular Celestion G12m greenbacks.

How did you like the scumback BM 75‘s ?

That’s badass dude, those g12’s are awesome

If you’re into EVH and all around badassery, I’d highly recommend getting 4 BM75s

I still dream about that cab, so much so I just ordered 4 BM75s for a donor Bogner Cab I just got

By far my favorite speaker of all time

That’s badass dude, those g12’s are awesome

If you’re into EVH and all around badassery, I’d highly recommend getting 4 BM75s

I still dream about that cab, so much so I just ordered 4 BM75s for a donor Bogner Cab I just got

By far my favorite speaker of all time
You’re definitely talking my language there. I’ve been curious about scumbacks for a while now. I have an empty EVH cab I’ve been contemplating new speakers for that just may be the ticket.

You’re definitely talking my language there. I’ve been curious about scumbacks for a while now. I have an empty EVH cab I’ve been contemplating new speakers for that just may be the ticket.
Give Jim a shout, he will get you sorted

He’s an awesome dude and knows his stuff!

Give Jim a shout, he will get you sorted

He’s an awesome dude and knows his stuff!
Cheers.

Would be interesting how they sound compared to the Celestion Blackbacks. I’ve had the pleasure of playing them in a friends 4 x 12 and they are great sounding in their own right.

Cheers.

Would be interesting how they sound compared to the Celestion Blackbacks. I’ve had the pleasure of playing them in a friends 4 x 12 and they are great sounding in their own right.

For sure, I’m sure there’s someone here who has done that comparison. Pretty sure there are also vids of scumback shootouts online comparing against the usual speakers people like to try out

Back