Anybody here using Eminence speakers??

lordriffenstein

I´m finally getting my new 2x12 next week. After some discussions with the builder, I´m going with an Eminenve Governor with a Tonker. I was wondering if somebody here is using these!

Yoeri

Tonker is really clean I mean you just about cant get it to break up. I have 2 texas heats in my Randall MTS 2x12 and they sound really great!

lordriffenstein":52895 said:
I´m finally getting my new 2x12 next week. After some discussions with the builder, I´m going with an Eminenve Governor with a Tonker. I was wondering if somebody here is using these!

Yoeri

where ya gettin' it from?

I used to have governors and man o wars in an x pattern

I use them in my VHT cab.....I like the VHT PB-50s a lot! But before when I used the G-Flex 2x12, the eminences in that cab sounded like poo.

There are so many Eminence speakers it makes it hard to choose which ones to go with! :cry:

I have Governors in my Avatar 2x12. I don't know if its the speakers or the cab itself, but I've never been 100% happy with the tone that came out of that thing. :?

I have a tonespotter and a swampthang in my 2x12. I'll probably yank out the tonespotter, its a bit shrill.

tubesteakfortone":1cb81 said:
Tonker is really clean I mean you just about cant get it to break up. I have 2 texas heats in my Randall MTS 2x12 and they sound really great!

who is that in your av?

I had 4 governors, sold them. Some people like them, I didn't, sounded cloudy and loose in a strange way to me.

OK guys thanks for the opinions, if I don´t like them, I can always swap them for others. I have heard the Governors don´t have a lot of hi end but the Thonker should rectify that. The cab I´m getting is this:

212_straight__grill_large.jpg

In my Splawn 4x12, I've got the Gov/Man-O-War combo. I have a custom built 2x12 with Tonker's in there...they are the efficient speaker I've ever played. I've thrown as much volume and power as I could muster and still couldn't get them to break up. For cleans, the Tonker is my favorite...for distortion, they are an aquired taste. (IMHO)

Back